"Bologna - Capital of Emilia-Romagna" Top 5 Page for this destination Bologna by sue_stone

Bologna Travel Guide: 1,035 reviews and 2,943 photos

Bologna is underrated. The capital of Emilia-Romagna is a wonderful city. It is not filled with big tourist groups like nearby Florence, making it a joy to wander the streets. It has a stunning big piazza to people watch in, and not one, but two leaning towers!

Most importantly of all is that Bologna is the gastronomic capital of Italy. The food really is excellent, and you can't leave without at least once ordering some Tagliatelle alla bolognese.

I have now visited Bologna three times and would happily return.

• Last visit to Bologna: Sep 2006
  • Intro Updated Nov 15, 2006

• Apr 6, 2008 at 6:07 AM

Mr Gitar man is Beppe Maniglia and he play saunday afternoon in front of Sala Borsa!!!!!

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Dec 25, 2007 at 10:41 AM

Hi&Merry Christmas Sue!Hope youre having a good 1!Shouldve read yr tips earlier esp the accom-Ive just got back last nt from Bologna-the yth hostel was a nightmare to find-had to get a taxi but 2 hr walking the glorious sights&up the tower was worth it!

• Sep 10, 2007 at 8:47 AM

Restorante da Carla has a second location at Santo Domingo 673 THat is smaller and I believe the original of the two. The food is always excellent and the prices very reasonable.

• michaelmo's Profile Photo
    Apr 3, 2007 at 4:29 AM

I have just returned from Bologna & can confirm that the Da Nello al Montegrappa is a dining experience not to miss. Definitely worth a visit if you are in the centre of town & hungry.

• Paolo-Italy's Profile Photo
    Mar 4, 2007 at 6:42 AM

wow, what a bologna page! great! i've been living there... eheheh, Beppe Maniglia, that crazy man...

• Mikebond's Profile Photo
    Dec 28, 2006 at 7:34 AM

Excellent page Sue! True, Bologna is underrated: I live 80 kms from it, but I've visited it few times. Glad you enjoy travelling by train, we need more people like you!

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Dec 3, 2006 at 2:17 PM

I love reading your Italian pages, Sue, especially the places I have not visited. We seem to love the same things about Italy...FOOD, Gelato, people, and gorgeous architecture. Your photos are marvelous.

• Dec 1, 2006 at 8:18 AM

Hi Sue! I recently experienced the Hotel Garisenda as well! I haven't seen you stayed there too! It's very close to my University! Kisses from sunny Italy, Francesca

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Nov 26, 2006 at 11:42 AM

You make me wanting to go to Italy!!!

• aussiedoug's Profile Photo
    Nov 25, 2006 at 2:51 AM

Buona sera da Sydney la amica mia. Il tuoi tips sono molto interessante, ma tips dei ristoranti sono buonissimo!Aah mi piacono molti! Anno prossimo andro a Bologno a studiare per tre settimana in Luglio. Ciao bella Sue.

Badges & Stats in Bologna

Have you been to Bologna?