"Corniglia - on the Cinque Terre" Top 5 Page for this destination Corniglia by sue_stone

Corniglia Travel Guide: 85 reviews and 240 photos

The Cinque Terre (Five Lands) region of Italy is located on the Ligurian Coast, an hour or so from Pisa.

I haven't yet visited the whole of Italy, but from what I've seen so far, my favourite place is the Cinque Terre.

Ok, the Amalfi Coast is beautiful, but the Cinque Terre is captivating.

There are 5 picturesque villages perched on the cliffs and you can walk between them, amazing at the beauty that this region has to offer.

It is magic here - but don't tell everyone!

Corniglia is the middle of the 5 towns that make up the Cinque Terre region on the Liguarian coast of Italy.

It is perched on a ridge high above the sea, a 363 step zig-zag climb up the hill from the train station.

Worth the climb though!

• Last visit to Corniglia: Sep 2007
  • Intro Updated Feb 22, 2008

• jeffmartinartist's Profile Photo
    Oct 13, 2006 at 3:31 PM

Don't tell everyone!!! This is one of the most visited tourist spots in Europe! Great shot from the sea.

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Sep 5, 2006 at 8:48 AM

Superior presentation of Corniglia. The monorail info was fascinating. Having been here, your lovely photographs brought back the delightful memories.

• aussiedoug's Profile Photo
    Oct 20, 2005 at 4:56 AM

La vista dall' Albergo Barbara sono bellissima! After climbing the Gr8 Wall I think I can manage the stairs up from the railway station. Molto interessanto pagine la amica mia Sue.

• Ibizahippie's Profile Photo
    Apr 21, 2005 at 7:06 AM

Thanks for the useful Corniglia tips. It's definitely helpful for my next trip..Can't wait for it.. :)

• scotlandscotour's Profile Photo
    Nov 16, 2004 at 5:13 AM

I love the pictures of Corniglia - what a beautiful and exciting location!!! just my sort of place. Thank you for the info.

• Dumpymotel's Profile Photo
    Nov 14, 2004 at 8:22 AM

IC You're working on your pages! That's a good thing to do on a Sunday morning!

• Norali's Profile Photo
    Nov 1, 2004 at 3:24 AM

Intro pic on your hp made me curious. Have been here for some minutes.. now I know why they call it Cinque Terre. I am visiting your Cinque Terre pages... bit by bit...

• MATIM's Profile Photo
    Sep 18, 2004 at 6:38 AM

I am sorry we didn't walk from Corniglia to Vernazza, hope we can do that next time.

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Aug 31, 2004 at 2:55 PM

Another lovely Cinque Terre Page. :o)

• quartinb's Profile Photo
    Aug 22, 2004 at 2:13 PM

lovely pics and the perfect envyronment and light,,,

Badges & Stats in Corniglia

Have you been to Corniglia?