"Montalcino" Top 5 Page for this destination Montalcino by sue_stone

Montalcino Travel Guide: 92 reviews and 337 photos

Montalcino is a beautiful Tuscan hill town, which sits looking over the Orcia valley. It is famous for its wine - Brunello di Montalcino, which is one of the best (and most expensive) wines produced in Italy.

We stayed in Montalcino for two nights, tasted our fair share of the local drop and explored the surrounding area. Our hotel room had views across the valley, in fact the early morning view from our window was one of the most stunning I have seen in Italy.

Montalcino really is a lovely town - the landscape around it is gorgeous, and there is that very drinkable wine to consider!

** Have now visited Montalcino three times - in Sep 2006, Sep 2007 & Jun 2010**

• Last visit to Montalcino: Jun 2010
  • Intro Updated Jul 11, 2010

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Sep 29, 2009 at 2:31 PM

Again, more lovely pages.

• Callavetta's Profile Photo
    May 9, 2009 at 2:34 PM

We are renting an apartment for 2 weeks on a vineyard outside of Montalcino. I loved your pages and can't wait for the wine and food!

• carolondon's Profile Photo
    May 17, 2008 at 1:25 PM

Oh my goodness Sue, that misty sunrise is divine!

• rita_simoes's Profile Photo
    Apr 20, 2008 at 5:46 AM

Love all your Tuscan pages! The drawback is I can't decide where to stay, everything looks so beautiful :S But this little hotel in Montalcino seems to be pretty "tuscan" : ) and the morning views are stunning.. Thanks for the great pages! Rita

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Apr 13, 2008 at 12:13 PM

A room with a view! Wow

• tiabunna's Profile Photo
    May 9, 2007 at 12:59 AM

What a marvellous page, tips and photos! Loved the views over the morning mists and the wines looked equally as exciting.

• tini58de's Profile Photo
    Jan 3, 2007 at 4:37 AM

Gorgeous!!! That hotel sure sounds wonderful - especially the views are stunning! I like your nightlife tip as well!!! ;-)

• rubbersoul75's Profile Photo
    Nov 6, 2006 at 7:26 AM

great tips! We're heading here this weekend. Nice shots of Sant' Antimo. One place I've geen itching to get to. Thanks for thorough restaurant info as well. Tip on Les Barriques makes me hungry.. & thirsty. Cin Cin-

• kzngirl's Profile Photo
    Oct 12, 2006 at 3:13 AM

Fab Sue! Really makes me want to hop on a plane and see Italy again...!!

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Oct 7, 2006 at 4:48 AM

Fabulous page ... it looks like you were on a training camp for the upcoming WineRoll meeting in Germany ... :o)

Badges & Stats in Montalcino

Have you been to Montalcino?

Latest Activity in Montalcino