Montepulciano Local Custom Tips by sue_stone Top 5 Page for this destination
Montepulciano Local Customs: 2 reviews and 4 photos
If you are looking to stock up on some Tuscan wine then you have come to the right place! Montepulciano is filled with wine shops and cellars, which is my idea of heaven....some people like shoe shops, I like wine shops!
Many of the wine shops have tastings so you can try before you buy. There are also a few large Cantinas that have cellars, tastings and a shop. We visited Cantine Contucci, located just off Piazza Grande. Here you can take a wander through the wine cellars and then pop into the shop for tastings and optional purchases if you so desire.
The locally produced tipple is called Vino Nobile di Montepulciano and I am a fan. It is particularly good when paired with some hand-made Pici pasta.
More Reviews (13)
- See All Montalcino
- Town Walls, Gates and Views
- See All Colonna del Marzocco
sue_stone's Related Pages
Montepulciano Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wonderful Montepulciano"
- "Beautiful beautiful beautiful"
- "A Hilltop Tuscan Treasure"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Montepulciano
- Hotels in Montepulciano
- Transportation in Montepulciano
- Restaurants in Montepulciano
- Shopping in Montepulciano
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Montepulciano
- 14 Reviews
- 51 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (83)
Have you been to Montepulciano?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Montepulciano
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination London Intro, 383 reviews, 1200 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Richmond Intro, 83 reviews, 274 photos, 3 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 61 reviews, 245 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 61 reviews, 193 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 42 reviews, 200 photos, 3 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 47 reviews, 192 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marrakesh Intro, 52 reviews, 178 photos, 5 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 33 reviews, 184 photos, 6 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 36 reviews, 161 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 43 reviews, 150 photos, 5 travelogues