"Montepulciano" Top 5 Page for this destination Montepulciano by sue_stone

Montepulciano Travel Guide: 90 reviews and 264 photos

Montepulciano is an amiable hill town perched atop a narrow limestone ridge in central Tuscany. Its main street climbs steeply up to Piazza Grande, and along the way gourmet food & wine shops tempt you.

While you are there, take the time to sample some local cuisine in one of the excellent restaurants, and more importantly, try some of the town's most famous product - Vino Nobile di Montepulciano - a flavoursome red wine, which is produced here.

You won't be disappointed by the views from the town walls either!

• Last visit to Montepulciano: Sep 2006
  • Intro Updated Oct 3, 2006

• magor65's Profile Photo
    Mar 5, 2011 at 10:40 AM

I'm looking forward to tasting some Pecorino and Brunello during my summer visit to Montepulciano. In the meantime I enjoyed reading your pages.

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Jan 19, 2010 at 2:48 AM

Wonderful overview with concise simple tips. Thank you. I just came back for more.

• AKtravelers's Profile Photo
    Dec 27, 2006 at 12:04 AM

Great wine, great food! What else would we expect from your page of this famous wine region? Drink up!

• Dec 8, 2006 at 11:48 AM

Pizza with beer.... seafood with white wine... meat with red wine :)

• nicolaitan's Profile Photo
    Dec 4, 2006 at 5:50 AM

pages on M & M are so enjoyeable - great pictures and commentary. We have never made these 2 villages -- if I ever get back. Loved the Chiesa del Gesu interior.

• barryg23's Profile Photo
    Oct 11, 2006 at 11:04 AM

I've drank lots of the lovely Montepulciano wine but never made it to the town. Looks like a very nice place.

• elucas's Profile Photo
    Oct 4, 2006 at 3:22 PM

Lovely pictures of Montepulciano. We MUST go back there someday ! Liz.

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Oct 4, 2006 at 9:30 AM

Awesome page, but you forgot the "Warning and danger" tip: Don't take a walk on the city walls if you have sampled too many different wines. :o)

• alucas's Profile Photo
    Oct 3, 2006 at 10:43 AM

Ah, I remember it well ! When we were there a couple came out of the church and had their wedding photos taken by the well in Piazza Grande.

Badges & Stats in Montepulciano

Have you been to Montepulciano?

Latest Activity in Montepulciano