"Monterosso al Mare - Cinque Terre Village" Top 5 Page for this destination Monterosso al Mare by sue_stone

Monterosso al Mare Travel Guide: 184 reviews and 622 photos

The Cinque Terre (Five Lands) region of Italy is located on the Ligurian Coast, an hour or so from Pisa.

I haven't yet visited the whole of Italy, but from what I've seen so far, my favourite place is the Cinque Terre.

Ok, the Amalfi Coast is beautiful, but the Cinque Terre is captivating.

There are 5 picturesque villages perched on the cliffs and you can walk between them, amazing at the beauty that this region has to offer.

It is magic here - but don't tell everyone!

Monterosso al Mare is one of the villages that make up the beautiful Cinque Terre. It is the largest of the 5, and has the main beach in the area.

There are plenty of places to stay here and lots of shops, bars and restaurants, making it a popular base for those exploring the area.

The other villages of the Cinque Terre are:

• Last visit to Monterosso al Mare: Sep 2007
  • Intro Updated Feb 22, 2008

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Apr 26, 2009 at 3:59 AM

Can't believe I hadn't already visited this page, but so glad I did so now that we're actually planning a trip there :-) The headland walk and the strikin church look well worth a visit especially, as does that bar ;-)

• RickMG's Profile Photo
    Nov 5, 2008 at 10:45 PM

You do such a fantastic job on this and your recomendations are right on. My wife and I ate at most the places you mention in Cinque Terre and loved the ones you loved too. I will have to start submitting our trips...soon.

• Maurizioago's Profile Photo
    Apr 9, 2008 at 2:19 AM

Good page. Perhaps I will spend some days at Cinque Terre area next june. Ciao!

• sikorka's Profile Photo
    Apr 8, 2008 at 2:27 AM

Sue, thanks for great tips on Monterosso, I'm going there at the end of April and hope the weather will be fine :)

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Dec 27, 2006 at 2:52 PM

Sue, these are beautiful pages concerning Monterosso al Mare. I loved the lemon festival and the wine production info. Great warnings and the high heels made me smile. I, too, agree that this is a magnificent area.

• barryg23's Profile Photo
    Jan 24, 2006 at 1:27 PM

Hi Sue, am currently trying to decide where to go for May bank holiday and as flights to Genoa are so cheap I think a return trip to Cinque Terre is the favourite. Nice page, brings back great memories.

• Norali's Profile Photo
    Nov 1, 2004 at 5:23 AM

Monterosso Vecchio.. this name calls me..

• SirRichard's Profile Photo
    Sep 21, 2004 at 4:07 AM

Some detailed and useful tips here! I'd love to visit the Cinque Terre some day... and I'll sure remember not to take high heels shoes, LOL!

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Aug 31, 2004 at 5:34 AM

Another gorgeous page about the fabulous Cinque Terre ..... My last hike on sunday was from Monterosso to Vernazza which is indeed the best, but also most difficult part of the whole path .... :o)

• kazander's Profile Photo
    Aug 26, 2004 at 2:14 PM

What a gorgeous place! I miss Italy! I must go here when I go back. Wonderful page! nice updates!

Badges & Stats in Monterosso al Mare

Have you been to Monterosso al Mare?

Latest Activity in Monterosso al Mare