Pienza Local Custom Tips by sue_stone Top 5 Page for this destination
Pienza Local Customs: 3 reviews and 3 photos
Pienza is a mecca for the gourmet tourist. It has lots of shops stuffed full of delicious offerings, but one thing that you will come across a lot of is pecorino cheese.
Pecorino originates from this part of Italy, and you will see it for sale all over Pienza. It can be eaten fresh, when it is white and soft, or aged when it is hard and goes a creamy colour. The locals often eat it drizzled with honey - sounds like an intriguing taste sensation indeed!
Besides cheese, shops along (and just off) Corso Il Rossellino are filled with meats such as salami and a large range of delicious locally produced wines. After a big lunch in one of Pienza's excellent restaurants some cheese and wine may well be all you need for dinner, so a purchase or two may be in order ; )
More Reviews (12)
sue_stone's Related Pages
Pienza Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Wonderful Town Of Pienza"
- "Italy's Most Beautiful Spot"
- "Pienza, il cuore della Toscana"
- "The beautiful Val d'Orcia"
- "Pienza, Bagno Vignoni and Sant Antimo"
- "The Pecorino town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pienza
- Hotels in Pienza
- Transportation in Pienza
- Nightlife in Pienza
- Restaurants in Pienza
- Shopping in Pienza
- See All...
Explore the World
- Tumon Hotels
- Dombås Hotels
- Ciudad del Carmen Hotels
- Chundu Island Hotels
- Old Wives Lake
- Service Charge and Tipping
- Saint Kitts and Nevis Local Customs
- Podgorica Local Customs
- Hawaii (Big Island) Local Customs
- Stay in your car
- Fort Walton Beach Local Customs
- Luxembourg Local Customs
- Customs & Oddities
- Province of Newfoundland and Labrador Local Customs
- United Arab Emirates Local Customs
- Moroccan Wine
Badges & Stats in Pienza
- 13 Reviews
- 45 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (72)
Have you been to Pienza?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pienza
Photos in PienzaSee All Photos (45)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination London Intro, 383 reviews, 1200 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Richmond Intro, 83 reviews, 274 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Barcelona Intro, 61 reviews, 245 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 61 reviews, 193 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 42 reviews, 200 photos, 3 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 47 reviews, 192 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marrakesh Intro, 52 reviews, 178 photos, 5 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 33 reviews, 184 photos, 6 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 36 reviews, 161 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 43 reviews, 150 photos, 5 travelogues