"Beautiful Pisa" Pisa by sue_stone

Pisa Travel Guide: 1,419 reviews and 3,977 photos

I have been lucky enough to visit Pisa 5 times so far since 1999, and have no doubt I will be back again one day!

Pisa is like a mini version of Florence, with its amazing architecture, pretty river, shopping, great food and fabulous atmosphere.

Even if you only have a day...or even half a day it is well worth stopping off in Pisa.

Obviously the main attraction is the famous Leaning Tower - it is gorgeous, and a climb to the top is a great experience. While at the tower you will be blown away by the beauty of Campo dei Miracoli, and the Cathedral Baptistery and other beautiful buildings here.

Once you have seen the main draw card, just take a wander around some of the back streets, stopping for an espresso and wind up by the river for a tasty gelato from La Bottega del Gelato!

• Last visit to Pisa: Sep 2007
  • Intro Updated Feb 17, 2008

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Jul 2, 2009 at 8:27 AM

Grabbing some tips before our trip to Italy next week - knew i could rely on you for good ideas about where to eat and drink, and gelato in particular :-)

• MichaelRees's Profile Photo
    Jun 10, 2009 at 9:08 AM

Like you, I keep going back to Pisa

• Herkbert's Profile Photo
    Nov 24, 2007 at 4:15 PM

Sue.. Great Pisa pics and tips (as always). We're planning our June trip to Italy and will definitely reference all of your Italy pages. Thanks for sharing.. Tom

• Paul2001's Profile Photo
    Aug 7, 2005 at 2:12 PM

I loved Piza too. I agree that the Campo is one of the most beautiful squares in Europe. Interesting photos.

• vincenzo_gaziano's Profile Photo
    Jul 21, 2005 at 1:27 AM

Great site about Pisa !! Love it !!

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Jun 15, 2005 at 3:08 PM

Sue, this is one of the best about Pisa on VT. Superior restaurant and hotel tips. Vivid, vibrant photos and helpful commentary with a touch of humor.

• uglyscot's Profile Photo
    Jun 5, 2005 at 1:30 AM

Absolutely beautiful pictures. I fell in love with Pisa too when I first visited it.

• May 24, 2005 at 4:52 AM

La Tana- food was nice but the toilet facilities are the most basic hole in the ground variety. Yuk.

• rexvaughan's Profile Photo
    Feb 28, 2005 at 6:44 PM

Thanks Sue for visiting my London and Manarola pages. You are indeed lucky to live in London and we are lucky to get to see beautiful Italy! Thanks for the wonderful page on Pisa. BTW I hope Alex is still ironing :-)!

• Feb 23, 2005 at 6:33 PM

The Hotel Royal Victoria was wonderful. They sent a Taxi to the airport to pick us up and the people at reception in the hotel spoke english. They recommended a good restaurant for dinner and served a wonderful breakfast buffet.

Badges & Stats in Pisa