"Beautiful Pisa" Pisa by sue_stone
Pisa Travel Guide: 1,457 reviews and 4,084 photos
I have been lucky enough to visit Pisa 5 times so far since 1999, and have no doubt I will be back again one day!
Pisa is like a mini version of Florence, with its amazing architecture, pretty river, shopping, great food and fabulous atmosphere.
Even if you only have a day...or even half a day it is well worth stopping off in Pisa.
Obviously the main attraction is the famous Leaning Tower - it is gorgeous, and a climb to the top is a great experience. While at the tower you will be blown away by the beauty of Campo dei Miracoli, and the Cathedral Baptistery and other beautiful buildings here.
Once you have seen the main draw card, just take a wander around some of the back streets, stopping for an espresso and wind up by the river for a tasty gelato from La Bottega del Gelato!
In Sep 2007 we spent a few days showing my parents our favourite places in Tuscany. The easiest way to explore this... more travel advice
I have now been to Italy several times and each time have travelled around this fabulous country by train. Once you get... more travel advice
- See All Convenient to the Train Station
- It is worth the trip
- Italian Bars
- Shoes to climb the Tower & Miscellaneous
sue_stone's Related Pages
Pisa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "More then just the leaning tower"
- "PISA is a lot more than just the leaning tower"
- "Citta con torre ubbriacato"
- "Pisa, gateway to Tuscany"
- "Beautiful Pisa"
- "So much more than a tower!"
- "A pleasant surprise"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pisa
- Hotels in Pisa
- Transportation in Pisa
- Nightlife in Pisa
- Restaurants in Pisa
- Shopping in Pisa
- Warnings and Dangers in Pisa
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pisa
- 22 Reviews
- 76 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 23 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (83)
Have you been to Pisa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pisa
Photos in PisaSee All Photos (76)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination London Intro, 383 reviews, 1200 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Richmond Intro, 83 reviews, 274 photos, 3 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 61 reviews, 245 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 61 reviews, 193 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 42 reviews, 200 photos, 3 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 47 reviews, 192 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marrakesh Intro, 52 reviews, 178 photos, 5 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 33 reviews, 184 photos, 6 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 36 reviews, 161 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 43 reviews, 150 photos, 5 travelogues