"Lunch in Rignana" Rignano by sue_stone
Rignano Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 7 photos
On our last day in Tuscany we wanted to go somewhere special for lunch. After a morning driving around in Chianti we were getting peckish and decided to try and find this intriguing restaurant I had read about, hidden in the Tuscan hills.
La Cantinetta di Rignana was its name. To get there, we first headed to Greve in Chianti, and then drove up and down the main road a few times looking for a turn-off to a place called Montefioralle. We eventually found it and headed up the narrow road to this tiny medieval village.
Once we got into the village there was a sign to the left pointing to Rignana. We had to wait at a traffic light, as the first part of the road was one-way, running along the edge of the hill. We continued along this narrow road, up further into the hills. Just as we were wondering if we were going the right way, there was a sign to the restaurant, pointing down a narrow dirt road.
We drove along the road for what seemed like ages, though was probably only a few kilometres and we eventually arrived at the restaurant. The car park was filled and we were very worried that we wouldn't be able to get a table….it was Sunday lunch after all.
Well, we bagged one of the last tables, and it was well worth the journey! Check out my restaurant tip for details of the meal.
(Not sure why VT spell it Rignano, maybe the English translation?)
Italy has a reputation for crazy drivers, particularly in places like Rome and Naples. As we were not visiting any big... more travel advice
sue_stone's Related Pages
Rignano Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Rignano
- 2 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (71)
Have you been to Rignano?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rignano
Photos in RignanoSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination London Intro, 383 reviews, 1200 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Richmond Intro, 83 reviews, 274 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Barcelona Intro, 61 reviews, 245 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 61 reviews, 193 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 42 reviews, 200 photos, 3 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 47 reviews, 192 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marrakesh Intro, 52 reviews, 178 photos, 5 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 33 reviews, 184 photos, 6 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 36 reviews, 161 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 43 reviews, 150 photos, 5 travelogues
Latest Rignano hotel reviews
- Fattoria di Castiglionchio
- 19 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 29, 2012