"The First Village of the Cinque Terre" Top 5 Page for this destination Riomaggiore by sue_stone
Riomaggiore Travel Guide: 291 reviews and 941 photos
I haven't yet visited the whole of Italy, but from what I've seen so far, my favourite place is the Cinque Terre. Ok, the Amalfi Coast is beautiful, but the Cinque Terre is captivating.
There are 5 picturesque villages perched on the cliffs and you can walk between them, amazing at the beauty that this region has to offer.
It is magic here - but don't tell everyone!
Riomaggiore is the first of the five Cinque Terre villages. This small village has a steep main street, lined with colourful homes and shops.
Bright coloured fishing boats bob in the small, rocky harbour and the rocks are covered with locals soaking up some Cinque Terre sunshine.
Monterosso al Mare
It was our last afternoon in Riomaggiore during our Sep 2007 trip, and we were looking for somewhere for lunch. Having... more travel advice
During our stay in Riomaggiore in Sep 2007, we had breakfast twice at Bar Centrale. This was because our B&B (located... more travel advice
- See All Il BoMa B&B - on the main street
- See All Ascensore Pubblico - Public Lift
- Ingenious Monorail!
- See All Fabulous Bar to watch the Sunset
- See All Heading off to walk the trails
sue_stone's Related Pages
Riomaggiore Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Life in the Cinque Terre"
- "The First Village of the Cinque Terre"
- "Riomaggiore - it's all about love...."
- "Cinque Terre - Riomaggiore"
- "Le Cinque Terre"
- "5 Terre"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Riomaggiore
- Hotels in Riomaggiore
- Transportation in Riomaggiore
- Nightlife in Riomaggiore
- Restaurants in Riomaggiore
- Shopping in Riomaggiore
- Warnings and Dangers in Riomaggiore
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Riomaggiore
- 26 Reviews
- 146 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 18 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (73)
Have you been to Riomaggiore?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Riomaggiore
- Posted in Travel Toledo Forum "Re: Madrid -Toledo AVE - pre..."
- updated a Riomaggiore Travel Page "The First Village of the Cinque Terre"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Wining and dining with my parents - Sep 2007"
- Wrote a Review Enoteca dau Cila - wine bar near the harbour in Riomaggiore Restaurants
- Commented on one of tini58de's Riomaggiore travel pages
Photos in RiomaggioreSee All Photos (146)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination London Intro, 383 reviews, 1200 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Richmond Intro, 83 reviews, 274 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Barcelona Intro, 61 reviews, 245 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 61 reviews, 193 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 42 reviews, 200 photos, 3 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 47 reviews, 192 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marrakesh Intro, 52 reviews, 178 photos, 5 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 33 reviews, 184 photos, 6 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 36 reviews, 161 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 43 reviews, 150 photos, 5 travelogues