Siena Hotel Tips by sue_stone Top 5 Page for this destination
Siena Hotels: 8,740 reviews and 50 photos
Our room at Il Canto del Sole
Il Canto del Sole is a B&B located in an 18th century Tuscan farm house, 10km south of Siena. We stayed there for one night in Sep 2007, as we wanted to get out in the countryside and relax for a night.
The main farmhouse building has 6 rooms, and there are a few others located in the outhouses. Attached to the farmhouse is a lounge and games room, with an impossible pool table, and the restaurant where dinner and breakfast are served. There is also a swimming pool, a BBQ area, and panoramic views over the valley.
The rustic rooms are attractively decorated, and we were lucky to be allocated a room in the main farmhouse, which was much nicer than those in the other buildings. The bathrooms are modern and clean.
Unique Qualities: The owners, Laura & Luciano, are friendly and make you feel very welcome. They have a son (who enjoys playing with visiting kids) and some friendly pets. They are happy to offer advice and information in regards to sightseeing in the local area and beyond.
All guests can enjoy dinner at the B&B, though you must advise them in advance (see my restaurant tip for more details). I would highly recommend it, particularly as there is nowhere else around to eat. Breakfast is buffet style and there are lots of tasty cakes.
Address: Via di Villa Canina 1292, Cuna, 53014 Siena
Comparison: about average
Directions: See the website for directions
Other Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: +39 0577 375127
Theme: Bed and Breakfast
The hotel is located a couple of kms from here
This is a Best Western Hotel, and for people who had been staying in one star accommodation for a few weeks, it was luxury!!
We stayed at the Palazzo Dei Priori back in 2002. It is located on the outskirts of Siena, a couple of km's from the centre of town - not the greatest location, but do-able.
Unique Qualities: Service was friendly and helpful, and the buffet breakfast was more than adequate, in fact we were quite excited by the fact that cereal was available after weeks of only bread & croissants!
The room was really nice - spacious and comfy, with a clean, modern bathroom. We really enjoyed our stay here. It was peaceful and relaxing.
There was a bus that went from the end of the road into the centre of town, or alternatively, a taxi ride was only a few euros. I think the hotel may also have a shuttle service these days.
Address: Via Montalbuccio, Siena 53100
Comparison: about average
Directions: Situated at the city entrance "Siena Ovest", just off the Strada di Motalbuccio.
Phone: 0577 398765
More Reviews (26)
- See All Gelateria Kopa Kabana - delicious gelato
- See All Abbazia di Monte Oliveto Maggiore
- See All Basilica di Santa Maria in Provenzano
sue_stone's Related Pages
Siena Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A thousand shades of brown"
- "Siena is wonderful place"
- "Siena: a good place to learn Italian :-)"
- "The true star of Tuscany"
- "Siena, the ochre city"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Siena
- Hotels in Siena
- Transportation in Siena
- Nightlife in Siena
- Restaurants in Siena
- Shopping in Siena
- Warnings and Dangers in Siena
- See All...
Explore the World
- Residencia Universitaria Nikbor
- Hotel Sirene
- Doubletree Hotel Birmingham
- Hotel Akabar
- Sleep Inn & Suites
- Best Western Big Bear Chateau
- Best Western Arosa Hotel
- Harrington Hall Hotel
- Karri Valley Resort Pemberton
- Ostello Don Cremona
- Toyoko Inn Shin-Yokohama Ekimae Honkan
- Travelodge Harrogate
- Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport
- Holiday Inn Express Glenwood Springs
Badges & Stats in Siena
- 28 Reviews
- 123 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (72)
Have you been to Siena?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Siena
Photos in SienaSee All Photos (123)
Read real reviews about Siena Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination London Intro, 383 reviews, 1200 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Richmond Intro, 83 reviews, 274 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Barcelona Intro, 61 reviews, 245 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 61 reviews, 193 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 42 reviews, 200 photos, 3 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 47 reviews, 192 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marrakesh Intro, 52 reviews, 178 photos, 5 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 33 reviews, 184 photos, 6 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 36 reviews, 161 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 43 reviews, 150 photos, 5 travelogues
Latest Siena hotel reviews
- Relais Della Rovere Hotel Siena
- 78 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 8, 2013
- Hotel Bernini
- 232 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 1, 2013
- Alma Domus
- 306 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 23, 2013
- Miniresidenze Ciompi
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 4, 2007
- Palazzo Bruchi
- 72 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 10, 2013
- Villa Piccola Siena Italy
- 20 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 25, 2013
- Hotel Palazzo Dei Priori
- 53 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 15, 2013
- Grand Hotel Continental
- 215 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 22, 2013
- Hotel Duomo
- 176 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013
- 313 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013
- Borgo Grondaie
- 290 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 7, 2013
- Locanda dell'Amorosa
- 194 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 27, 2013
- Sangallo Park Hotel
- 59 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 15, 2013
- Duomo- 113 Reviews, 264 Photos
- Piazza del Campo- 114 Reviews, 222 Photos
- Museo dell'opera del duomo- 11 Reviews, 34 Photos
- Museo Civico- 9 Reviews, 40 Photos
- the PALIO- 9 Reviews, 12 Photos
- wine and cellars- 6 Reviews, 6 Photos
- Loggia della Mercanzia- 5 Reviews, 15 Photos
- Surroundings- 11 Reviews, 20 Photos