"Siena" Top 5 Page for this destination Siena by sue_stone

Siena Travel Guide: 897 reviews and 2,705 photos

Siena deserves to be one of the top tourist attractions in Tuscany. Even filled to the brim with tour groups it is still enchanting. Surely no one can fail to be captivated by the wonderful Piazza del Campo or the views from the Torre del Mangia.

The countryside around Siena is also stunning, and it makes a great base to explore nearby places such as the Chianti region, or the hill top towns of San Gimignano and Volterra.

To date, my four brief visits to Siena have only enabled me to scratch the surface of this intriguing town. Siena has so many things to see - there are lovely piazza's at every turn, filled with grand palazzo's or home to yet another lovely little church. You can even get away from the hordes and wander in the smaller medieval streets, stopping for an espresso at a little café or admiring the gothic architecture surrounding you. Oh, and make sure you check out the Duomo - wow!

• Last visit to Siena: Jun 2010
  • Intro Updated Jul 11, 2010

• pure1942's Profile Photo
    Jan 31, 2011 at 2:33 PM

Smashing page Sue. Siena is one of those European destinations I really hope to visit some day soon! Thanks for sharing.

• Jan 22, 2010 at 9:49 AM

I have been to La Bagoga three different times and it has been fantastic each time. I love the dish that they make with pheasant, it is fabulous. The staff is friendly and the chef was a jockey in the Palio many years ago.

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Feb 28, 2008 at 12:52 PM

Outstanding updates here. Can you believe that I have never been to Siena? So I better should start planning my next trip to Italy instead of to Belarus. *winkygrin*

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Feb 6, 2008 at 5:13 AM

Another Italian city that I haven't managed to get to - yet! I agree that cathedral looks stunning, but so does the rest of the city. Would love to see San Gimignano too :)

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Feb 3, 2008 at 12:15 PM

Great updates here on one of my favourite Italian cities!

• Herkbert's Profile Photo
    Nov 24, 2007 at 5:47 PM

Sue, beautiful pics and very helpful tips. Thnks for sharing.. Tom

• christine.j's Profile Photo
    Jan 19, 2007 at 2:28 AM

This is an excellent page! very helpful tips and beautiful pictures. I'm going to Siena in March and your page really helps planning. Thank you.

• mad4travel's Profile Photo
    Jan 7, 2007 at 11:04 AM

Hi Sue, Happy New Year. Nice Sienna pages, I'm hoping to get there myself later in the year.

• magor65's Profile Photo
    Dec 19, 2006 at 1:09 AM

It's years since I visited Siena. Your page makes me want to revisit. Well done.

• nepalgoods's Profile Photo
    Dec 2, 2006 at 10:36 AM

Very interesting page with beautiful pics!

Badges & Stats in Siena