"Volterra" Top 5 Page for this destination Volterra by sue_stone
Volterra Travel Guide: 193 reviews and 477 photos
Volterra is perched high on a sheer, rocky plateau, proudly overlooking the lovely Tuscan landscape below. It is an ancient centre, famous for its Etruscan and Roman past, and filled with museums offering a glimpse of days gone by. The town is also famous for its alabaster, which is mined nearby.
We really enjoyed our stay in Volterra. It was less 'touristy' than the nearby San Gimignano, and just had a peaceful feel about it. A great place to relax and watch that beautiful Tuscan sunset.
The famous tourist magnet of San Gimignano is located 30 km east of Volterra and is therefore a great destination for a... more travel advice
Volterra's cathedral was built in the 12th & 13th centuries, and it is located just back from Piazza dei Priori. It has... more travel advice
sue_stone's Related Pages
Volterra Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Etruscans rule!"
- "Bogu iza nogu"
- "Volterra: The Etruscan Town"
- "Etruscan delights"
- "Remembering 30 years ago!"
- "Beauty of old villaggio"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Volterra
- Hotels in Volterra
- Transportation in Volterra
- Nightlife in Volterra
- Restaurants in Volterra
- Shopping in Volterra
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Volterra
- 17 Reviews
- 51 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (83)
Have you been to Volterra?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Volterra
Photos in VolterraSee All Photos (51)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination London Intro, 383 reviews, 1200 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Richmond Intro, 83 reviews, 274 photos, 3 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 61 reviews, 245 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 61 reviews, 193 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 42 reviews, 200 photos, 3 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 47 reviews, 192 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marrakesh Intro, 52 reviews, 178 photos, 5 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 33 reviews, 184 photos, 6 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 36 reviews, 161 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 43 reviews, 150 photos, 5 travelogues