Boulogne-sur-Mer Shopping Tips by sue_stone Top 5 Page for this destination
Boulogne-sur-Mer Shopping: 9 reviews and 12 photos
antique shop in Ville Haute
Shopping in Boulogne is varied enough to keep everyone happy….even those hardened shoppers such as VT’er Mariajoy!
In the Upper City there are some really interesting antique shops, along side some gift shops.
The town centre has some fabulous patisseries, and wine stores, along with the twice weekly food and flower market.
There are also the usual clothing and shoe shops as well, lining the main streets and pedestrian zones.
What to buy: Boulogne is renowned for its cheese shops and there are a few of these to visit and do some tasting and perhaps purchasing.
Directions: Across the town centre and Ville Haute
If you are a cheese lover then you have chosen the right place to visit in France! Philippe Olivier is a cheese shop in the heart of Boulogne. Rumour has it that it is one of the largest cheese shops in France, with the largest selection of cheeses on offer in Northern France.
Needless to say, it is a little stinky!
Staff are helpful in trying to make even the most French-challenged tourist happy with their choices.
What to buy: We stopped in here on our 2nd visit to Boulogne and picked out several cheeses to take back to London and enjoy. The selection included a camembert, a couple of goats cheese varieties and a firmer 'gouda' style cheese. A couple of the selections were a little too 'ripe' for my liking, but the rest were delicious.
What to pay: Less than you would expect
Address: 43 rue Thiers, 62200 Boulogne-sur-Mer
Directions: On the pedestrianised rue (Adolphe) Thiers, close to the Hotel Metropole
Phone: 0033 321 31 94 74
Theme: Food and Drink
More Reviews (16)
- See All Driving in France
- See All Patissier Fred
- See All Le Touquet-Paris-Plage
- Watch where you step!
sue_stone's Related Pages
Boulogne-sur-Mer Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Boulogne: an international town"
- "Boulogne: a good place for a taste of France"
- "Waterworld - Nausicaa"
- "A well known beach!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Boulogne-sur-Mer
- Hotels in Boulogne-sur-Mer
- Transportation in Boulogne-sur-Mer
- Nightlife in Boulogne-sur-Mer
- Restaurants in Boulogne-sur-Mer
- Shopping in Boulogne-sur-Mer
- Warnings and Dangers in Boulogne-sur-Mer
- See All...
Explore the World
- Chiang Mai
- Prairie du Chien
- Jamaica Hotels
- Willemstad Hotels
- Ko Kaeo Noi Hotels
- Bolonia Hotels
Badges & Stats in Boulogne-sur-Mer
- 18 Reviews
- 90 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 20 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (71)
Have you been to Boulogne-sur-Mer?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Boulogne-sur-Mer
Photos in Boulogne-sur-MerSee All Photos (90)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination London Intro, 383 reviews, 1200 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Richmond Intro, 83 reviews, 274 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Barcelona Intro, 61 reviews, 245 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 61 reviews, 193 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 42 reviews, 200 photos, 3 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 47 reviews, 192 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marrakesh Intro, 52 reviews, 178 photos, 5 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 33 reviews, 184 photos, 6 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 36 reviews, 161 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 43 reviews, 150 photos, 5 travelogues
Latest Boulogne-sur-Mer hotel reviews
- Hotel Clery Chateau d'Hesdin l'Abbe
- 111 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 13, 2013
- Ibis Boulogne Vieille Ville
- 117 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 18, 2013
- Hotel de La Matelote
- 73 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 8, 2013
- Hotel Metropole
- 40 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 1, 2013
- Etap Hotel Boulougne Sur Mer - Centre Ville les Ponts
- 61 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 25, 2013
- Ibis Boulogne / Mer Centre Port
- 92 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 1, 2013