"Boulogne-sur-Mer" Top 5 Page for this destination Boulogne-sur-Mer by sue_stone

Boulogne-sur-Mer Travel Guide: 104 reviews and 369 photos

~~~ 2nd visit to Boulogne, July 2006 - We stopped in for a couple of hours to pick up some food from the market, before jumping on the ferry back to England at the end of a 9 day holiday ~~~

October 2005 - It had been a while since we had been away anywhere, so we thought - why not pop over to France for a gourmet meal!!

We caught the car ferry from Dover to Boulogne for a culinary weekend.

Check out the tips for more details!

We also paid a brief visit to the seaside resort town of Le Touquet-Paris-Plage.

• Pros:Just a short trip over the Channel
  • Cons:Watch where you step!
  • Last visit to Boulogne-sur-Mer: Jul 2006
  • Intro Updated Mar 7, 2009

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Apr 12, 2012 at 6:43 PM

The carousel is beautiful! Your little one is so adorable and so very happy. Excellent page!

• MikeBird's Profile Photo
    Aug 30, 2008 at 7:29 AM

Enjoyed your tips Sue. Thanks. Have booked on Speed Ferries for a day trip in September - I need my annual 'fix' of French life.

• fabrice's Profile Photo
    May 26, 2007 at 1:36 AM

there is dog poo everywhere in france , dogs are holy animals in france like cows in india , they also bark at any time night and day ; in some quiet streets, you can hear 12 dogs barking at the same time , people have really no life !

• Helga67's Profile Photo
    Apr 24, 2007 at 2:56 AM

We are thinking of going there next weekend. Thanks for the tips.

• tini58de's Profile Photo
    Jan 8, 2007 at 8:19 AM

Sounds lovely! I would surely enjoy buying cheese and antiques there....

• alucas's Profile Photo
    Aug 29, 2006 at 5:23 AM

I remember going on a day-trip to Boulogne many years ago - we had moules in the old town too. ANother great page Sue.

• budapest8's Profile Photo
    Feb 28, 2006 at 2:57 AM

Boulogne was my first port of call when started traveling back in the `70`s so many fond memories of my first impressions of Continental Europe. Gr8 pics and tips..Tim

• nicolaitan's Profile Photo
    Feb 27, 2006 at 12:39 PM

what a lovely village - and the food tips are driving me to catch a plane over tonite. great page. Maybe some day I shall get here. :)> N.

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Feb 27, 2006 at 12:25 PM

Well, Sue, if I was not hungry before, I am now! What a luxury to be able to spend a weekend in Boulogne-sur-Mer. Your descriptions are vivid; your photographs are stunning. Great work.

• diocletianvs's Profile Photo
    Jan 30, 2006 at 11:01 AM

Architecture? The beach? Museum? They all look nice, but it is the patisserie that makes me want to visit Boulogne asap ;)

Badges & Stats in Boulogne-sur-Mer

Have you been to Boulogne-sur-Mer?

Latest Activity in Boulogne-sur-Mer