"Cancale - the Oyster Capital" Cancale by sue_stone
Cancale Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 63 photos
Cancale is a lovely little fishing port located on the Emerald Coast of Brittany. The town is famous for its oysters and is a great place to stop for lunch and sample some of the local produce!
On a clear day there are views across the bay to Mont St-Michel.
When driving into Cancale, instead of heading straight into town, turn off and take the scenic road that goes along the cliff edge giving you fabulous views over the town.
- In a nutshell:Oysters!
In June/July 2006 we had a 9 day driving holiday in France. We caught a car ferry from Dover to Calais, drove down... more travel advice
Oysters are everywhere in Cancale, which probably has something to do with the fact that Cancale labels itself the... more travel advice
sue_stone's Related Pages
Cancale Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cancale - the Oyster Capital"
- "Where Marie Antoinette got her oysters"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cancale
- Hotels in Cancale
- Transportation in Cancale
- Restaurants in Cancale
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cancale
- 4 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (73)
Have you been to Cancale?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cancale
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination London Intro, 383 reviews, 1200 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Richmond Intro, 83 reviews, 274 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Barcelona Intro, 61 reviews, 245 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 61 reviews, 193 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 42 reviews, 200 photos, 3 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 47 reviews, 192 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marrakesh Intro, 52 reviews, 178 photos, 5 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 33 reviews, 184 photos, 6 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 36 reviews, 161 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 43 reviews, 150 photos, 5 travelogues