"Cherbourg" Top 5 Page for this destination Cherbourg by sue_stone

Cherbourg Travel Guide: 86 reviews and 240 photos

Cherbourg is home to one of the largest artificial ports in the world. Located at the tip of the Cotentin Peninsula, all sorts of boats find their way here - from huge cargo ships to ferries from the UK, along with plenty of yachts, as sailing is the main attraction for the town.

On our trip around Normandy we spent one night in Cherbourg. To be honest, it was just a convenient place for us to stay, there wasn't anything in particular we wanted to see here……the surrounding areas were more interesting and attractive in my opinion.

• Last visit to Cherbourg: Jun 2006
  • Intro Written Jul 8, 2006

• Sep 19, 2007 at 2:24 AM

We found the owner's attitude there last weekend (15/9) something to be desired. Food OK. Assume its normal for dogs to be in food outlets there

• roamer61's Profile Photo
    Oct 24, 2006 at 6:59 AM

Nice photos Sue. It was here that a pivotal battle was fought following the D-Day Invasion in June, 1944.

• garridogal's Profile Photo
    Jul 24, 2006 at 2:13 PM

I see no mention of umbrellas which would seem so necessary in Cherbourg....! : )

• alucas's Profile Photo
    Jul 11, 2006 at 6:08 AM

Egg and chips indeed ! Great start to your French pages, I shall have a read of the rest at lunchtimes this week.

• Jul 10, 2006 at 12:26 PM

Ooohh La La mon petit pois!! C'est une tres jolie Ville! All the way to Cherbourg for egg and chips? Fantastique!

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Jul 9, 2006 at 1:24 AM

Fabulous start... I can't believe you ate those two massive meals on one day... hey, you are very English: Always equipped with funky brollies... I am looking forward to reading more about your adventures in France :o)

Badges & Stats in Cherbourg

Have you been to Cherbourg?