"Cherbourg" Top 5 Page for this destination Cherbourg by sue_stone
Cherbourg Travel Guide: 86 reviews and 240 photos
Cherbourg is home to one of the largest artificial ports in the world. Located at the tip of the Cotentin Peninsula, all sorts of boats find their way here - from huge cargo ships to ferries from the UK, along with plenty of yachts, as sailing is the main attraction for the town.
On our trip around Normandy we spent one night in Cherbourg. To be honest, it was just a convenient place for us to stay, there wasn't anything in particular we wanted to see here??the surrounding areas were more interesting and attractive in my opinion.
In June/July 2006 we had a 9 day driving holiday in France. We caught a car ferry from Dover to Calais, drove down... more travel advice
We stayed in Cherbourg on a Sunday night and many of the restaurants were closed. After a look at our remaining options,... more travel advice
sue_stone's Related Pages
Cherbourg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Fish, Ferries and Frigid French Women"
- "Easter in Cherbourg"
- "The Trip Begins"
- "The port of call at the tip of Cotentin"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cherbourg
- Hotels in Cherbourg
- Transportation in Cherbourg
- Restaurants in Cherbourg
- Shopping in Cherbourg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cherbourg
- 4 Reviews
- 27 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (83)
Have you been to Cherbourg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cherbourg
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination London Intro, 383 reviews, 1200 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Richmond Intro, 83 reviews, 274 photos, 3 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 61 reviews, 245 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 61 reviews, 193 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 42 reviews, 200 photos, 3 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 47 reviews, 192 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marrakesh Intro, 52 reviews, 178 photos, 5 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 33 reviews, 184 photos, 6 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 36 reviews, 161 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 43 reviews, 150 photos, 5 travelogues