"Dieppe" Top 5 Page for this destination Dieppe by sue_stone

Dieppe Travel Guide: 66 reviews and 174 photos

I have always wanted to go to Dieppe, well since I was 12 years old anyway. Ok, it isn't the most exciting place in France, but it was one of the first places that I learnt about during my French lessons at school. For whatever reason, the early studies were based around the port town of Dieppe and I hoped that I would visit it one day for myself, and perhaps ask for directions to 'la gare' or how to get to 'le chateau'.

So, during a driving holiday in Normandy I made sure we had at least a few hours to get a feel for this ancient seaside town. And I was glad that we did!

• Last visit to Dieppe: Jun 2006
  • Intro Updated Aug 3, 2006

• roamer61's Profile Photo
    Feb 13, 2007 at 7:07 AM

Looks like a nice town, and a good place to visit while exploring Normandy. The battle which took here during WWII is unfortunately often overlooked.

• alucas's Profile Photo
    Aug 10, 2006 at 11:33 AM

Another place to add to our list - really must follow in your footsteps one day !

• nhcram's Profile Photo
    Aug 3, 2006 at 11:25 AM

I used to come here a lot many years ago. I don;t suppose I would recognise it now. I loved the oysters there. The tips brought back memories

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Jul 21, 2006 at 6:30 AM

A great little page on Dieppe! It looks like one of those quaint places I would like too. Interesting to see those pebbly beaches where so many Canadian soldiers fell during an ill-fated 1942 test run for D-Day.

• rexvaughan's Profile Photo
    Jul 10, 2006 at 7:06 AM

Isn't visiting places you heard of in childhood great and it seems you can't go wrong in France. Great photos and tips as always. Thanks for the BD greetings. Glad you liked Dinan - do you have some pics from there?

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Jul 9, 2006 at 1:39 AM

Très bien, mon amie....but it looks like you didn't find "la gare", so your French teacher wasn't too good ...anyway, perhaps I should visit Epping in England and ask for directions to the station ... :-)

• Jul 4, 2006 at 3:07 PM

"Hoon"? Is that some strange foreign French activity? Or something the Aussies do on roads? ;-) Nice page hun!

Badges & Stats in Dieppe