"Dinan - Beautiful Medieval town" Top 5 Page for this destination Dinan by sue_stone

Dinan Travel Guide: 64 reviews and 233 photos

Dinan is a walled medieval city located 25km south of St-Malo & Dinard. It is home to some magnificent 15th century half-timbered houses that look like they may fall over at any moment!

With its cobbled streets and good restaurants, we were so pleased to have stayed in Dinan, and we found it a fabulous base to explore this part of Brittany.

• Last visit to Dinan: Jun 2006
  • Intro Written Jul 24, 2006

• timada's Profile Photo
    Nov 21, 2008 at 9:26 AM

Dinana has everything I like : old houses , beautiful church and good restaurants ! Thanks for sharing !

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Sep 26, 2007 at 1:42 AM

Beautiful half-timbered houses in the Old Town. When I was there I always enjoyed walking home in the warm wind after a delicious meal -- so yes, it's too bad your hotel wasn't a bit further away from the restaurant. (Ours was about 45 minutes.)

• mvtouring's Profile Photo
    Mar 8, 2007 at 9:48 PM

Lovely page, I love the markets where you can buy lovely fresh fruit and veg ;-)

• Mikebond's Profile Photo
    Feb 8, 2007 at 7:59 AM

Nice page, Sue! Unfortunately, my parents and I didn't visit Dinan during our holidays in Bretagne, maybe next time!

• jungles's Profile Photo
    Sep 8, 2006 at 2:09 AM

This place looks lovely. I should really explore more of France one of these days.

• uglyscot's Profile Photo
    Aug 18, 2006 at 10:30 AM

Looks like an interesting place to visit. Thanks for sharing.

• skywalkerbeth's Profile Photo
    Aug 15, 2006 at 12:07 PM

I've only been there once - I wish it hadn't rained so hard - quite dreary. and I couldn't stay more than one day, bummer! but I will be back!

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Aug 11, 2006 at 7:16 AM

Sue, I can see why you loved Dinan so much!! Those are amazing city and river valley pics - what a beautiful little spot! Your Restaurant and Accoms tips were excellent as always. I really must be slipping, even Shopping was great!

• Dabs's Profile Photo
    Aug 3, 2006 at 3:17 PM

I had no idea sardines were aged! I'm hoping to get some of those moules et frites in cream sauce when we go to Belgium next month-yum!

• alucas's Profile Photo
    Jul 31, 2006 at 10:26 AM

Holger needs to clean his glasses ! Another very interesting page - I'm getting more interested in this area with each page I read.

Badges & Stats in Dinan