"Dinard - Seaside town" Dinard by sue_stone

Dinard Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 48 photos

Dinard is one of France's oldest seaside resorts. Once popular with the British aristocracy, it retains its connection to the UK with its annual British film festival.

Dinard is linked to the popular town of St-Malo by a bridge over the Rance estuary, which doubles as a power station. The 750 metre bridge cuts 30km from the journey between the two towns.

Dinard is a nice place to take some time out and enjoy the views.

• Last visit to Dinard: Jun 2006
  • Intro Updated Jul 24, 2006

• St_Vincent's Profile Photo
    May 5, 2008 at 3:28 AM

I've got a friend who is moving somewhere around Dinard soon so your page has given me an idea of what it's like. Thanks, Clive

• wandeljp's Profile Photo
    Mar 18, 2007 at 3:28 AM

Weldone, Sue. It's a part of France that I don't know. Must walking around there deffinitly, and eat pancakes and smul ice-cream! Wel, wel, wel. Jean-Pierre.

• iwys's Profile Photo
    Feb 23, 2007 at 5:00 AM

This page brings back memories. I spent christmas here one year. I remember eating wonderful mussels and drinking a lot of muscadet.

• tini58de's Profile Photo
    Dec 20, 2006 at 2:43 AM

Hey, I did not know about Picasso.... We spent some fabulous 4 days in Dinard two years ago - I should build some pages maybe.... ;-)

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Aug 18, 2006 at 8:04 PM

I always love coastal scenes and I see some nice ones here. Great info on 'la Rance' tidal power station, especially for me, because we have another located just across the Bay of Fundy in Annapolis Royal, Nova Scotia!

• alucas's Profile Photo
    Jul 31, 2006 at 10:37 AM

I didn't know you needed an excuse for an ice-cream - or is that just for the third scoop ?

Badges & Stats in Dinard