"The Amazing Temples of Abu Simbel" Top 5 Page for this destination Temple of Abu Simbel by sue_stone

Temple of Abu Simbel Travel Guide: 266 reviews and 919 photos

One of the highlights of my trip to Egypt was a visit to Abu Simbel.

Although I had seen plenty of photos, I was still not prepared for how breathtaking the two huge rock-carved temples were.

In a spectacular location overlooking Lake Nassar, the two temples of Abu Simbel are a must see if you are lucky enough to make it to Egypt

• In a nutshell:Breathtaking!
  • Last visit to Temple of Abu Simbel: Dec 2004
  • Intro Updated Feb 4, 2005

• regina.williams's Profile Photo
    Oct 22, 2008 at 3:08 AM

Wonderful pictures !!! Greetings from India !!

• Jul 17, 2008 at 11:51 PM

sue, you have done an amazing job here. love your photos, just fabulous! egypt is a dream... one day, slowly slowly! greets from perth australia :)

• tini58de's Profile Photo
    Jan 14, 2007 at 2:18 PM

Abu Simbel sure is a stunning place - we took a taxi for a ride through the desert - the aerial view is awesome as well!

• ChristinaNest's Profile Photo
    Dec 19, 2006 at 3:34 AM

Amazing place, hope to visit it soon! Season's greetings from Sofia and many happy travels in the new year!

• Apr 15, 2006 at 12:52 AM

Helpful information.

• Kaspian's Profile Photo
    Nov 14, 2005 at 10:46 AM

Holey Moley Sue! Your tip "Inside the Temple of Ramses II" was on the front page of VT when I logged on and it was so fantastic it felt like a punch in the gut! Awesome!

• Gerrem's Profile Photo
    Jul 28, 2005 at 4:50 AM

Hi Sue, great "Inside the Great Temple of Ramses II " pic and info! Regards, Michael

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo
    Jul 20, 2005 at 3:19 AM

I knew I should have paid the extra 100 Egyptian Pounds to go see Abu Simbel!

• CandS's Profile Photo
    Jun 3, 2005 at 10:44 PM

Wonderful page!! Thanks for sharing the photos...I love them! I'm going there in October and can't wait!!!! :)

• BerniShand's Profile Photo
    Mar 2, 2005 at 11:07 PM

this was my favourite place in Egypt, but l took very few pics [l went in my pre-VT days] thanks for yours they brought all my memories back into focus

Badges & Stats in Temple of Abu Simbel

Have you been to Temple of Abu Simbel?

Latest Activity in Temple of Abu Simbel