"Green Island" Green Island by sue_stone

Green Island Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 29 photos

During a short visit to Cairns to see my parents, they suggested we go on a half-day trip to Green Island, which sounded like a great idea to me!

Green Island is a 30-45 minute trip from Cairns by catamaran. Once you get there you can do some snorkelling, stay dry and check out the under-water world from the glass bottom boat, take a wander through the rainforest, or just relax on the beach.

It is a great place to get an introduction to the Great Barrier Reef without having to travel too far from the mainland.

• Last visit to Green Island: Jun 2006
  • Intro Updated May 29, 2007

• Paul2001's Profile Photo
    Jul 28, 2007 at 7:42 AM

Sounds like a good deal for $60.00. I really like Green Island but it was awfully hot.

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Jun 24, 2007 at 10:58 AM

I've once been to Green Island. I wasn't too convinced about the snorkelling bit myself.

• Travel2write's Profile Photo
    Jun 18, 2007 at 12:47 AM

Great tips and pics of green island. I agree, it seems abit to cold to snorkel this time of year. Cheers T2W

• Jun 6, 2007 at 11:54 PM

No swimming?? I guess you didn't take the hair straighteners with you then? ;-))

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Jun 1, 2007 at 5:23 AM

This looks a great little spot. I like the sound of the glass bottom boat and the rainforest walk. And it's fun to be first with a comment!

Badges & Stats in Green Island

Have you been to Green Island?

Latest Activity in Green Island