"Tropical Port Douglas" Top 5 Page for this destination Port Douglas by sue_stone
Port Douglas Travel Guide: 239 reviews and 633 photos
Located just one hours drive north of Cairns is my favourite town in the area, Port Douglas. Smaller than Cairns, Port Douglas (PD) has a real community feel about it. Yes, it has 5 star resorts, but doesn't has that 'tacky-tourist' vibe like Cairns has (well, in my opinion anyway!).
Most visitors fly into Cairns and then drive up to PD. The scenery along the way is beautiful - the narrow highway hugs the coast line for part of the journey and the views are stunning. There are a couple of vantage points along the way where you can stop and check out the view.
Port Douglas is on a headland, with the beach on one side and the harbour on the other. It has a lively market each Sunday which sees the whole town come out to shop and socialise. Home to lots of great cafes and modern restaurants, you can also go back to basics and enjoy a meal or a drink on the veranda at the Combined Club and watch the stunning sunsets.
- In a nutshell:My favourite part of FNQ
If you want to experience some local culture then head to the Iron Bar Grill on Macrossan Street for some Cane Toad... more travel advice
The Bally Hooley is a small steam train that runs for 4km from the Port Douglas Marina Mirage centre up to St.Crispins... more travel advice
- Macrossan House Boutique Holiday...
- See All On the Inlet
- Marine stingers/Box Jelly Fish
sue_stone's Related Pages
Port Douglas Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tropical Port Douglas"
- "Far North Queensland"
- "Tropical Delight Close To Great Barrier Reef"
- "The Only word here is WOW."
- "Paradise for some"
- "Best Home Base to see the Great Barrier Reef!"
- "Heaven on Earth"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Port Douglas
- Hotels in Port Douglas
- Transportation in Port Douglas
- Nightlife in Port Douglas
- Restaurants in Port Douglas
- Shopping in Port Douglas
- Warnings and Dangers in Port Douglas
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Port Douglas
- 26 Reviews
- 57 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (87)
Have you been to Port Douglas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Port Douglas
Photos in Port DouglasSee All Photos (57)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination London Intro, 383 reviews, 1200 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Richmond Intro, 83 reviews, 274 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Barcelona Intro, 61 reviews, 245 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 61 reviews, 193 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 42 reviews, 200 photos, 3 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 47 reviews, 192 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marrakesh Intro, 52 reviews, 178 photos, 5 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 33 reviews, 184 photos, 6 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 36 reviews, 161 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 43 reviews, 150 photos, 5 travelogues