"Weekend in Lille" Top 5 Page for this destination Lille by sue_stone

Lille Travel Guide: 423 reviews and 1,095 photos

Just back from a weekend in Lille.

I arranged it as a surprise for my Husband's birthday.

We caught the Eurostar from London late Friday afternoon, and 1 hour 40 minutes later we were in Lille!

He was a happy boy. We ate and ate and drank and shopped, and managed to find some time in between this for some sight seeing!!

• Last visit to Lille: Sep 2004
  • Intro Updated Sep 19, 2004

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Mar 1, 2009 at 12:23 PM

Thanks for the insight as to the area. Great presentation

• codrutz's Profile Photo
    Apr 22, 2008 at 2:45 AM

Thanks for the tour of Lille .. I'm thinking of visiting it in June

• MikeStarr5's Profile Photo
    Nov 5, 2007 at 3:12 PM

We have the same problem here in "Barking Town" hehe !

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Jun 22, 2007 at 9:15 AM

I'm curious about Lille, because I might have occasion to go there later this year. It certainly looks GRAND from your photos. I must have gone through there on the train, I suppose, (Eurostar from Brussels to London) but never got off.

• ranger49's Profile Photo
    Apr 25, 2007 at 1:53 PM

There must have been a cleanup campaign/legislation since your visit,Sue. We used to dog- filthy streets in France so were agreeably surprised by the (almost) total absence of POO 20-24 April 2007.

• barryg23's Profile Photo
    Feb 25, 2007 at 1:01 PM

I've just seen some great deals on Eurostar for May so we're trying to decide between seeing Paris for about the 12th time or Lille for the 1st. Didn't know much about Lille before reading your page but it sounds great. Some nice looking restaurants too.

• Feb 6, 2007 at 8:41 AM

sue_stone, i am a student in TEXAS and thinking of moving to Lille, and go to school at the University. How is the school and another thing, i am a Leo and my b-day is on the 18th!!! my name is Brandon.

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Jan 22, 2007 at 5:31 AM

Another excellent page Sue, but I really shouldn't read your restaurant tips in my lunch hour when on a New Year diet ;)

• alucas's Profile Photo
    Sep 1, 2006 at 3:43 PM

Haagen-Daz!! I see londonbabe has got your sussed ! Very interesting page - must consider a visit.

• Jasen71's Profile Photo
    Aug 28, 2006 at 12:45 PM

Hi Sue, Handy tips on lille as I am off this weekend comming for the yearly antiques and bits market in the centre... P.S I did live in Ealing for 3 years. :))

Badges & Stats in Lille