"Beautiful Extreme World" Top 5 Page for this destination Namibia by diageva

Namibia Travel Guide: 2,168 reviews and 6,341 photos

Himba People

After over 32 hours of flight and waiting at airports I arrived to Windhoek. I arrived to a moderm city, a modern country I never imagen like this. It was far from what I thought.

People is what I always search in my travels. Knowing them to learn how they life, and try to learn about them to make my life better.

Namibia have different groups, but the ones I knew, thanks to my guide Uanee, where Herero and Himbas. After all I heard and all I saw and felt there I wished to be adopted by them :)

I went with Kananga, a spanish travel agency that have a diferent style and make your travels real good and far away from other organizes tours (www.kananga.com)

Landcape

You can be driving all day ... you will see red landscape, white, yellows, pinks landscapes ... not green ones :) ... all of incredible beauty.

Sunset, sunrise, bare feet, Amarula, hot, cold, wind, sea, desert, animals, waterholes, lots lots of sand

Etosha

Etosha National Park is one of the world's greatest conservation areas. A sanctuary of African typical animals.

For visit Etosha or drive along the desert you need a guide.

Uanee Karuuombe is member of the Himba tribe and was born in Northern Namibia, did join Save the Rhino Trust as a rhino tracker.
Cell: 0812311263, Tel: 061 226535

He is the perfect guide of great knowledge of fauna and flora, and a great cooker.

• Last visit to Namibia: Oct 2004
  • Intro Updated Apr 11, 2005

Travelogues (1)

• mexicruiser's Profile Photo
    Oct 9, 2007 at 6:03 AM

Hi Eva, I just love your Namibia page...makes me rather homesick as I lived there for 10 months baack in the '80's! Definitely one of my favourite places....greetings from California!

• giampiero6's Profile Photo
    Feb 14, 2007 at 12:15 PM

Glorious, glorious stuff! Thank you!

• roamer61's Profile Photo
    Jan 19, 2007 at 7:44 AM

Marvelous pictures. Namibia is a spectacular country indeed. It is one of the few African countries I want to visit.

• savitha's Profile Photo
    Nov 11, 2006 at 5:37 AM

Always wanted to go to Africa, and after looking at the pics, i think its lovely!!! :) Greetings from Msia!

• kokoryko's Profile Photo
    Oct 18, 2006 at 2:08 PM

Very interesting tips and nice pictures Eva; desert, quiver trees, canyons, wild animals, fascinating people. . . do you think a 2-3 weeks trek is possible in this country (during Austral winter)?

• topoftheworl's Profile Photo
    Sep 13, 2006 at 2:33 PM

'Quiver Tree Forest' is a beautiful pic.

• mad4travel's Profile Photo
    Aug 11, 2006 at 12:10 PM

Excellent tips and photos. I'm off to Namibia in Sept - can't wait!

• nigelw6443's Profile Photo
    Aug 9, 2006 at 8:05 AM

Great tips! I am heading to Namibia in a few weeks..hopefully I won't come across any puff adders!

• hooiluangoh's Profile Photo
    Jul 14, 2006 at 6:25 PM

Thank you. I have a friend from Namibia and I don't even know where the country is. Today, with a world map, and your page, I finally have a better understanding. : )

• Feb 5, 2006 at 7:36 AM

¡¡¡ excelente pagina sobre namibia...muchimas gracias por compartirla con nosotros !!!

diageva

“flamenca ... por cojones”

Badges & Stats in Namibia

Have you been to Namibia?

Latest Activity in Namibia