"El Chorro, in Malaga" El Chorro by diageva
El Chorro Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 34 photos
At Alora, in the province of Malaga you will find Malaga's "Lake District" is in fact three artificial lakes created by a dam built across the dramatic 200 m. high Guadalhorce river gorge, known as the Garganta del Chorro. Watch out for the eagles which continually circle around the sheer cliffs.
The Desfiladero de los Gaitanes in El Chorro is one of the most impressive sights in all of Andalucia, while the lakes further on have been favourably compared to many famous lakes all over the world. In El Chorro too one can see the famous Caminito del Rey, the King's Way, formerly used to cross this huge rock-face.
The dam was officially opened in 1921 by King Alfonso XIII of Spain and on this occasion he took a walk along the specially constructed catwalk pinned to the face of the gorge some 100 m. above the river.
It is no longer possible to walk along the "Camino del Rey" (The King's Path), as it has been closed, pending repairs. As you can see in the pic the actualy conditions ...
The natural surroundings of camping Parque Ardales, located next to the natural site of Desfiladero de los Gaitanes and by the shores of the dam Conde de Guadalhorce, makes possible to develop lots of activities in contact with the environment. Very suitable for trekking, water sports, climbing. With supermarket, bar-cafeteria (in high season), children playground, guarded...
follow me ... I will show you what is that like
- Cons:you must be careful
I didn't past over this bridge ... I walk down it ... that it was also dificult ... :)))) I was not so brave for walk... more travel advice
I am there ... can you ? .... you will have to ... walk inside a dark train tunnel .... you will have to walk up and... more travel advice
diageva's Related Pages
El Chorro Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "El Chorro, in Malaga"
- "Climbing in El Chorro - march 2001"
- "El Chorro Gorge"
- "Caminito del Rey"
- See All...
- Things to Do in El Chorro
- Hotels in El Chorro
- Warnings and Dangers in El Chorro
- See All...
Badges & Stats in El Chorro
- 14 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 29 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to El Chorro?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in El Chorro
Photos in El ChorroSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Namibia Intro, 68 reviews, 76 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fuengirola Intro, 56 reviews, 60 photos, 2 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 34 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bali Intro, 41 reviews, 56 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Petra Intro, 35 reviews, 50 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Delhi Intro, 36 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Málaga Intro, 35 reviews, 40 photos, 4 travelogues
- Marrakesh Intro, 34 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Agra Intro, 27 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 27 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues