"A love story with Petra" Top 5 Page for this destination Petra by diageva

Petra Travel Guide: 987 reviews and 2,536 photos

Petra and Bedouins

Thanks to the incredible thing that is travelling you get to know incredible places and people that in origin are so far from where you have born.

Thanks to the incredible thing that is travelling I saw my self walking trough unbelievable high pink, yellow, ochre walls full of feelings getting inside Bedouins territory. I was invited by them in every spot to share with them a tea, the time or a conversation.

Petra

It was a hot day of July, there where no tourist, so walking along those walls was really something full of mystery and adventure. I knew I was going to reach the famous Treasury that so many times I had seen in photos, but I didn’t want that magic way to finish.

Once there you get inside a different world protected from the outside, where the Bedouins used to live until 1985.

People

Petra and Bedouins is one thing, I can’t speak about Petra without speaking of Bedouins. I know very little about them but what I can say is that I have get in love with those beautiful eyes and with the way they live. Nowadays they come to Petra to sell their things or hire their horses, donkeys or camels to tourist. Hospitality, freedom, warm and smile are the words that get to my head when I think of them.

Petra is full of magic. The mix of the colours, the incredible work of its rocks and the people living there makes Petra an unforgettable place.

• Pros:Everything
  • Cons:The sun?, no ... its part of the place
  • Last visit to Petra: Jul 2004
  • Intro Updated Jul 20, 2004

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Sep 12, 2012 at 2:48 PM

nice tips!

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    May 30, 2009 at 1:23 PM

Thanks for the beautiful pics and Tips from Petra - inspires me to start planning on going there, Norman :)

• TravellerMel's Profile Photo
    Sep 11, 2008 at 11:35 PM

Greetings from New Orleans, LA, USA! You have a wonderful Petra page - I enjoyed reading your tips, and hope to put them to use next year.

• mfas2000's Profile Photo
    Jul 25, 2007 at 12:44 AM

Excellent page. I hope you enjoyed Petra. Its got alot of hisotry and more. Hope to see you there some more

• Fudge's Profile Photo
    Sep 3, 2006 at 8:58 AM

Wow lovely Petra pics! I would love to plan a visit here. Hello from Singapore! I'm a friend of Leonik's (Andy).

• elpariente's Profile Photo
    Mar 14, 2006 at 6:15 AM

Me ha gustado mucho tu página de Petra Pondremos a Petra en la lista de "pendientes"

• TheWanderingCamel's Profile Photo
    Sep 3, 2005 at 2:49 AM

Lovely page Eva - your descriptions of Petra are great, you obviously had a wonderful time and that comes through so well. leyle

• Callavetta's Profile Photo
    Aug 13, 2005 at 4:07 PM

Wonderful pages! Thanks for putting them together.

• Gatopardo's Profile Photo
    Jun 14, 2005 at 5:33 PM

Eva, despues de ver tu pagina de Petra, yo quiero ir ahi tambien! excelentes fotografias!

• munki's Profile Photo
    May 14, 2005 at 2:01 PM

Eva tu pagina de Petra es muy guapa. Me encantan las 2 primeras fotos de tu pagina de introduccion.

diageva

“flamenca ... por cojones”

Badges & Stats in Petra