"A love story with Petra" Top 5 Page for this destination Petra by diageva
Petra Travel Guide: 987 reviews and 2,536 photos
Thanks to the incredible thing that is travelling you get to know incredible places and people that in origin are so far from where you have born.
Thanks to the incredible thing that is travelling I saw my self walking trough unbelievable high pink, yellow, ochre walls full of feelings getting inside Bedouins territory. I was invited by them in every spot to share with them a tea, the time or a conversation.
It was a hot day of July, there where no tourist, so walking along those walls was really something full of mystery and adventure. I knew I was going to reach the famous Treasury that so many times I had seen in photos, but I didn’t want that magic way to finish.
Once there you get inside a different world protected from the outside, where the Bedouins used to live until 1985.
Petra and Bedouins is one thing, I can’t speak about Petra without speaking of Bedouins. I know very little about them but what I can say is that I have get in love with those beautiful eyes and with the way they live. Nowadays they come to Petra to sell their things or hire their horses, donkeys or camels to tourist. Hospitality, freedom, warm and smile are the words that get to my head when I think of them.
Petra is full of magic. The mix of the colours, the incredible work of its rocks and the people living there makes Petra an unforgettable place.
- Cons:The sun?, no ... its part of the place
He wrote us a list of things to do: 1. Go to Petra by Kingsway 2. Visit Petra 3. Visit Little Petra 4. Go to Wadi Rum... more travel advice
Walking from Treasury to Monastery you will to the center of the city, its principal artery, with some columns still... more travel advice
Written Jul 25, 2004
Written Jul 20, 2004
Other Bedouins we found in our way
diageva's Related Pages
Petra Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Petra : the city of the caravans"
- "Petra: a wonderful town"
- "A love story with Petra"
- "The Nabataean City"
- "Petra - a highlight of Jordan"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Petra
- Hotels in Petra
- Transportation in Petra
- Nightlife in Petra
- Restaurants in Petra
- Shopping in Petra
- Warnings and Dangers in Petra
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Petra
- 35 Reviews
- 50 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 46 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Petra?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Petra
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Namibia Intro, 68 reviews, 76 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fuengirola Intro, 56 reviews, 60 photos, 2 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 34 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bali Intro, 41 reviews, 56 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Petra Intro, 35 reviews, 50 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Delhi Intro, 36 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Málaga Intro, 35 reviews, 40 photos, 4 travelogues
- Marrakesh Intro, 34 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Agra Intro, 27 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 27 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues