"Another Agra" Top 5 Page for this destination Agra by diageva

Agra Travel Guide: 1,099 reviews and 3,591 photos

My First Glimpse of Agra

My first glimpse of Agra was also, as it happened with Delhi, a big cultural shock, but in other way. I arrived to Agra by train. It was a pleasant travel with very nice views. I realise we were arriving a city, and I did imagine it could be Agra city what I was looking at. Always you see pictures of Agra you see Taj Mahal beautiful building. But you have seen little pics of Agra it self.

We were arriving to a place of gorgeous colourful houses, red, blues, pinks … beautiful ones in very bad conditions, it was really a beautiful view. The train was making its way parallel to the river. There were lots of people sitting at the grass of the edge of the river. Suddenly I saw, near them, a man with his ass facing the railway making his things. After that I realise that there were lots of groups making there things together at the same river edge. It was an awful sight seeing all that people doing the most natural thing of the world together like that, at the view of everyone. That was really a big cultural shock. I had read at my great grandfather book he saw that at Indonesia, but is not the same to read it than to see it cause I thought they could do that in a hidden way not facing you with theirs ass and in groups.

I get the sensation that as I was going to walk through the streets I was going to see all that asses facing me while they do their things. BUT I DIDN’T :)) I didn’t saw more asses at my 3 days stay at Agra.

Arriving

Arriving to the train station was a nightmare. It was very hot and all people was looking at us and surrounding us, “do you have hotel” “do you want a taxi” ….

The city of Agra was prepared for tourist but there were no tourist at all. All the terrace of the old colourful two floor buildings where in abandon. It was a pity to see all that so empty. It was very strange see, what I suppose to be one of the most tourist places of the world so empty of tourists. We didn’t have to wait any queue, perhaps because it was July?

There were only Indian tourist people so all my pics where full of beautiful colourful dressed people. So beautiful pics in so incredible beautiful places.

We wanted to take a taxi at the prepaid office but it was no one there so we took one of those men that were offering us a taxi. The car we went on was no taxi, but a normal car. He called a friend and the friend gets inside the car also … everything very “homemade”.

People

People are really nice, but sellers don’t know the meaning of NO THANKS so walking through the streets can became a really nightmare.

I WANT to specially THANKS all Indian tourist people that where in those days there at Agra for being so ELEGANT and colourful dressed and being so handsome, you all really make my pics so lovely for me.

TAJ MAHAL IS REALLY BEAUTIFUL, BUT ALSO IS THE RED FORT AND LITTLE TAJ, SO DON'T MISS ANY OF THEM.

I THINK THAT YOU NEED AT LEAST 2 DAYS AT AGRA. ONE DAY FOR TAJ AND OTHERS AND THE SECOND DAY FOR RED FORT AND OTHERS.

• Pros:Incredible Beautiful Monuments
  • Cons:Sellers don't understand "No Thanks"
  • Last visit to Agra: Jul 2004
  • Intro Updated Apr 11, 2005

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Feb 12, 2010 at 10:47 PM

Your photos are fantastic Eva and the tips are very useful! I will visit Agra later this year (first time in India) and I'm really looking forward to it.

• illumina's Profile Photo
    Jan 23, 2010 at 9:24 AM

Great Page! From that view at the top I think you must have stayed at the hotel we stayed at, or very near! To ravimennen - actually Agra Fort IS also called the Red Fort, the same as the one in Delhi.

• nightcowboy's Profile Photo
    Jun 24, 2007 at 9:07 AM

Ace pic's of Delhi & Agra we going in september 07, Thank you your travlogue will be usefull on planing our trip, Be happy in peace.

• Mar 6, 2007 at 3:27 PM

Beautiful pics of the Taj. You are right about the people - they give your picture a present tense feeling. I bet my pics will be different because there will be lots of foreigners visiting the Taj!!

• Hui-Hui's Profile Photo
    Sep 16, 2006 at 8:44 AM

Hello Eva, I plan to visit India in Oct. I love your Agra page with detailed information! Thank you very much! I really can't wait to see Taj Mahal in real!

• Sep 12, 2006 at 5:01 AM

I think you are confusing Agra Fort with the Red Fort. The Red Fort is in Delhi (Old Delhi)

• songlines's Profile Photo
    Jul 5, 2006 at 12:02 PM

Hi Eva, thanks for your wonderful photos! Your pages are great and enjoyable. Tips very good. Enjoy your travels

• peerapa's Profile Photo
    Oct 14, 2005 at 10:25 AM

Sawasdee ka Eva...How're you?....Never hear about baby Taj before so I'm try to visit there too....Thanks for sharing excellent and helpful tips!...May

• BluBluBlu's Profile Photo
    Aug 7, 2005 at 1:12 AM

Great tips & photo's of Agra...isn't the taj beautiful when you get up really close? Enjoyed these pages!

• schlumpf's Profile Photo
    Apr 22, 2005 at 12:05 AM

Hola Eva, Where did you overnight in Agra? You took the main pic in the same area I was overnight'!! cool, Take care

diageva

“flamenca ... por cojones”

Badges & Stats in Agra