"Delhi" Top 5 Page for this destination Delhi by diageva
Delhi Travel Guide: 1,722 reviews and 4,288 photos
As I arrived to Delhi I get a great cultural shock. My first contact was at the airport to take a taxi to the hotel. It was a hot day of a strange colour; I suppose that because of the contamination.
A big amount of people was there to take a taxi or waiting, it was an enormous chaos. We get inside the taxi; the taxi driver was very serious and unfriendly. As we made our way to the hotel we get inside very chaotic streets full of people, cows, rubbish … it was as being in other world, very different even from other Asian places I had been before. The traffic stopped and few drivers began to fight. Uhhh!!! Where was the Indian spirituality I thought I was going to find? What about holly cows? They where push of the way … what about people coming from the temple with the red point in the forehead full of spirituality that I saw at Singapore Little India?
As I get to the hotel, I did asked my self what I was doing there and, as I was undoing my baggage, I was thinking that all I had bring was wrong, all my clothes were so clear coloured, so white, I was so big, my hair was so blond, … I was not going to be able to walk in those streets without being notice.
After a little rest, after walking all along the streets I get use to all that changes, and not only get used to all that but get in love with it.
Delhi is a wonderful and very interesting historical city that has incredible beautiful monuments and places. A city that joins past and present and that require more than 5 days to get to have a first vision of it.
I stayed there over 5 days and did not have time to see the most important parts of it. Perhaps because I like to spend much time where I go, I missed places like Jami Masjid (that is was close when we went), I missed walking around Indian Gate and spend an afternoon at its gardens, National Museum, walk more time around Chandni Chowk, Qutb Minar … and many other places. So many interesting and incredible places for so little time.
Of the places I visited I get in love especially with Humayun Tomb, with the vegetable market where our hotel was at Paharganj, with Dilli Haat market, with Red Fort, with Delhi itself.
I will go back, I promise.
Especial thanks to Radz and Husain.
- Pros:Interesting, mix, historical and cultural rich
- Cons:Heat at summer
At the triangle Sisganj Gurudwara - Red Fort – Jami Masjid you have a very interesting streets full of markets like... more travel advice
handicrafts of hight quality. No one disturb you here and is a really nice place with the sky as ceiling. Entrance 10... more travel advice
diageva's Related Pages
Delhi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Keeweechic's Delhi"
- "Capital city of India Delle"
- "Like the cats, this city had seven lives"
- "Shahjahanabad, as old as its history ...."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Delhi
- Hotels in Delhi
- Transportation in Delhi
- Nightlife in Delhi
- Restaurants in Delhi
- Shopping in Delhi
- Warnings and Dangers in Delhi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Delhi
- 36 Reviews
- 47 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 41 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Delhi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Delhi
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Namibia Intro, 68 reviews, 76 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fuengirola Intro, 56 reviews, 60 photos, 2 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 34 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bali Intro, 41 reviews, 56 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Petra Intro, 35 reviews, 50 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Delhi Intro, 36 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Málaga Intro, 35 reviews, 40 photos, 4 travelogues
- Marrakesh Intro, 34 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Agra Intro, 27 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 27 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues