"Manning Park" Manning Provincial Park by aqazi
Manning Provincial Park Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 40 photos
Manning Park is one of the most popular provincial parks in the province of British Colubmbia and is located approximatley 3 hours drive east of Vancouver. The park is huge and there's plenty in addition to camping, swimming and trekking. Unfortunalty we were only here for a couple of days opting to stay in their excellent lodge. Eating options are limited here so visit the supermarket in Hope (the nearest town, a mere one hour drive away).
We only had time for one walk so we opted for the easy paths around Lightening Lake. However there are loads of treking options so its worth doing a bit of research before you come if you plan to spend a few days experiencing a number of different trails. There's an abudance of wildlife here too as you'd expect so pack bioculas and a camera. Finally don't forget the bug repellent and the sun screen as we all managed to get a little sun burnt.
We saw loads of wildlife including deers, squirrels, marmots, and even a Grizzly Bear with two little cubs! We also saw four different varieties of wild orchid.
When we got to Grouse Mountain we showed one of the guys who looks after the two bears they have there our picture that we took in Manning Park. apparently Bears are more dangerous when they are with their little ones and he also said that this was the mummy bear probably looking for food. We'd seen grizzlys before but not this close up. They didn't seem to notice us (though we were across a road).
aqazi's Related Pages
Manning Provincial Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Winter Playground"
- "Manning Park"
- "Manning Park: an excellent way to see the Cascades"
- "Manning Provincial Park"
- "A first!!!"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Manning Provincial Park
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Manning Provincial Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Manning Provincial Park
Top 10 Pages
- Vancouver Intro, 67 reviews, 42 photos
- London Intro, 28 reviews, 7 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Steveston Intro, 16 reviews, 3 photos
- New York City Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Whistler Intro, 12 reviews, 3 photos
- Canada Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos
- Seattle Intro, 8 reviews, 4 photos
- Strathcona Provincial Park Intro, 2 reviews, 9 photos
- Paris 5 reviews, 5 photos
- Chiang Rai Intro, 5 reviews, 5 photos