"Home!" Top 5 Page for this destination Steveston by aqazi
Steveston Travel Guide: 97 reviews and 231 photos
So the best way to describe Steveston is as a fishing village of the outskirts of a bigger city. We have miles of boardwalks, amazing birdlife (both kinds), a cannery museum and a fish market where you purcahse your fish rish from the boat. I used to be cofused why people found the area so interesting when I first got here but the place has grown on me and I'm often cycling or walking around the village. In the summer tourists seem to out number the locals which brings a different feel to the area. In the fall and winter I love the peace and tranquillity that you don't get in Vancouver. I like to watch the boat sail by and at night the fog horns put me sleep. It's kind of a nice place to live I guess, and as a visitor you must try the fish and chips, they're pretty good but the chips still aren't as good as back home in the UK.
Steveston has a busy and thriving fishing industry which is great to see. Pedestrianised walkways extending for 10km... more travel advice
We finally got to try this place which is located in a great location on the boardwalb overlooking the fishing boats.... more travel advice
aqazi's Related Pages
Steveston Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Home Sweet Home"
- "Steveston, BC - Historic Fishing Village"
- "Steveston, British Columbia"
- "Quaint Areas Near the City of Vancouver"
- "Steveston Salmon Festival on Canada Day"
- "Little Town Near the Water"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Steveston
- Transportation in Steveston
- Nightlife in Steveston
- Restaurants in Steveston
- Shopping in Steveston
- Warnings and Dangers in Steveston
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Steveston
- 16 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Steveston?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Steveston
Top 10 Pages
- Vancouver Intro, 67 reviews, 42 photos
- London Intro, 28 reviews, 7 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Steveston Intro, 16 reviews, 3 photos
- New York City Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Whistler Intro, 12 reviews, 3 photos
- Canada Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos
- Seattle Intro, 8 reviews, 4 photos
- Strathcona Provincial Park Intro, 2 reviews, 9 photos
- Paris 5 reviews, 5 photos
- Chiang Rai Intro, 5 reviews, 5 photos