"Where shall we go next?" aqazi's Profile

A bit about me...

Hi, Welcome to our homepage, as with many of you my favourite pass time is planning my next adventure.

Anyaways I was born in the UK, born and raised in Northampton, studied in Nottingham, before settling down and working in London (UK) until April 2003. I have chosen BC as our new home and I am slowly building a new life. If anyone is planning to move to Canada then be warned that its common to only get just 10 days holiday a year!! Not much when you want to go traveling. Sometimes you can take unpaid leave which is lucky because we have five weeks worth planned for this year alone!

Our Travels

I'm still trying to fill the gaps in my travel pages and it takes a lot longer than I had originally thought! Anyway I guess there's no rush.

I generally go on backpack type trips, though I guess as I have grown older, and since getting married, my preferences have leaned to towards more of a budget minded traveler who still wants a private bathroom, but is willing to forgo most other luxuries. More often that not, our travels include a mixture of dorm, chalet and budget hotel type accommodation.

When I was younger I took part in a month long student exchange program what took me to Baroda in India. Later while still a teenager, I took part in a cultural exchange program that took me to Hong Kong for a month. Finally, before venturing off to university I taught English at a summer school in Antalya in Turkey for a month. Lately as part of my MBA program (in International Business) I completed a course on sustainable tourism development which I now endeavour to practice.

No doubt like many other VT members I am the source and unofficial travel agent for friends and family. Anyway booking holidays and giving advice to other people is the next best thing to actually going away yourself.

My most recent travels have been my four month jaunt around SE Asia. If you're heading to this part of the world then you might find my Asian intro page particularly useful as it includes budgets and our itinerary Azim's Asia Page.

In 2011 I took a life brek and spent 6 months travelling south america and the Yukon & Alaska. It was a great trip and I am lucky to have the opportunity to explore some of the most amazing places on the planet. Here's a glimpse of my travel itinerary Azim's 2011 "Life Break" Route.

What Next?

2014 is spanning out to be a fairly quiet year for travel after the wedding in Fiji and the Honeymoon in Hawaii in January 2014. We're off to the UK in June and Hawaii again in April for a friends wedding but nothing too adventurous. Oh I tagged on a trip to Norway at the end of the UK trip as I've always wanted to go to Bergen.

Adventure is being saved for 2015. I have tickets for quarter and semi final Cricket World Cup matches already, and I haven't even bought my flight ticket! I plan to be in NZ in march 2015, I have 3 weeks booked off from work and I can't wait....I just got the guide books, time to do some travel planning!

Az...

fandabidozi@yahoo.co.uk

• Intro Updated Feb 28, 2014

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!