"Where shall we go next?" aqazi's Profile
Hi, Welcome to our homepage, as with many of you my favourite pass time is planning my next adventure.
Anyaways I was born in the UK, born and raised in Northampton, studied in Nottingham, before settling down and working in London (UK) until April 2003. I have chosen BC as our new home and I am slowly building a new life. If anyone is planning to move to Canada then be warned that its common to only get just 10 days holiday a year!! Not much when you want to go traveling. Sometimes you can take unpaid leave which is lucky because we have five weeks worth planned for this year alone!
I'm still trying to fill the gaps in my travel pages and it takes a lot longer than I had originally thought! Anyway I guess there's no rush.
I generally go on backpack type trips, though I guess as I have grown older, and since getting married, my preferences have leaned to towards more of a budget minded traveler who still wants a private bathroom, but is willing to forgo most other luxuries. More often that not, our travels include a mixture of dorm, chalet and budget hotel type accommodation.
When I was younger I took part in a month long student exchange program what took me to Baroda in India. Later while still a teenager, I took part in a cultural exchange program that took me to Hong Kong for a month. Finally, before venturing off to university I taught English at a summer school in Antalya in Turkey for a month. Lately as part of my MBA program (in International Business) I completed a course on sustainable tourism development which I now endeavour to practice.
No doubt like many other VT members I am the source and unofficial travel agent for friends and family. Anyway booking holidays and giving advice to other people is the next best thing to actually going away yourself.
My most recent travels have been my four month jaunt around SE Asia. If you're heading to this part of the world then you might find my Asian intro page particularly useful as it includes budgets and our itinerary Azim's Asia Page.
I don't think anything I do this year will match my mammoth 6 month vacation in 2011. I really miss South America and can't wait to return to Alaska and the Yukon. I'm going to try and keep up with the hiking, and see what other multi-day trails I can do that are closer to home. I completed the west coast trail this summer but pulled out of the wonderland trail so I will maybe give that ago next year.
Right now I have 4 guidebooks for countries I have not visited and they are all on my bucket list. These include NZ, Fiji, Nepal and AU, but I'm only going to Oz if I can incorporate a cricket tour by India or England.
I was lucky enough to have the opportunity to visit Myanmar (Burma). South Korea, Japan and Indonesia in Dec 2012 and I hope to return to Japan as it turned out to be a big surprise and I really enjoyed what little I saw on my short visit to Tokyo.
I'm trying to think of some kind of adventure for my 40th which is quickly approaching. I was thinking of doing Kili but it sounds like so much effort to maybe finish it. So I'm think along the lines of the Annapurna trail maybe followed by some rafting. I think that would be a trip to remember, probably for all the right reasons rather than just a sense of accomplishment.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 310 Reviews
- 287 Photos
- 34 Countries
- 97 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
- Posted in Travel Canada Forum "Re: What to do in Canada"
- Commented on GuthrieColin's profile page
- created a Bolivia Travel Page "Under Construction"
updated their Profile Page "Where shall we go next?"
- aqazi and angiebabe are now friends.
- Wrote a Review Not bad in Whistler Hotels
- Uploaded a Photo to "The fun capital of BC"
Top 10 Pages
- Vancouver Intro, 67 reviews, 42 photos
- London Intro, 28 reviews, 7 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Steveston Intro, 16 reviews, 3 photos
- New York City Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Whistler Intro, 12 reviews, 3 photos
- Canada Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos
- Seattle Intro, 8 reviews, 4 photos
- Strathcona Provincial Park Intro, 2 reviews, 9 photos
- Paris 5 reviews, 5 photos
- Chiang Rai Intro, 5 reviews, 5 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22467 Reviews - 54994 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2702 Reviews - 7926 Photos
- Berlin Hotels
- 6983 Reviews - 15645 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23319 Reviews - 48909 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2027 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5858 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12024 Reviews - 26762 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7829 Reviews - 20234 Photos