"Action packed town" Top 5 Page for this destination Pigeon Forge by Sassy417
Pigeon Forge Travel Guide: 135 reviews and 154 photos
Pigeon Forge was named for the passenger pigeons that frequented the area when it was settled in the late 18th century. In 1820, pioneer Isaac Love established an iron forge and in 1830 his son, William, built a tub mill. The Old Mill, now a National Historic Site, is still in operation today.
Pigeon Forge has grown steadily since the dedication of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park in 1940 and is now one of the most popular vacation destinations in the southeast United States. In fact, we're located within a day's drive of two-thirds of the U. S. population.
- Pros:Lots to see and plenty to do here
- Cons:Traffic congestion during spring, summer & fall
- In a nutshell:Great place to spend a vacation
From thrilling rides and spectacular shows to master craftsmen. Dollywood Amusement Theme Park is the entertainment... more travel advice
22 types of pancakes or waffles to choose from. 12 specialty breakfasts. Lunch items and kids menus all centered around... more travel advice
Sassy417's Related Pages
Pigeon Forge Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Pigeon Forge, Tennessee"
- "Pigeon Forge: Gateway to the Smoky Mountains"
- "Action packed town"
- "FRONT DOOR TO THE SMOKIES"
- "Pigeon Forge"
- "Pigeon Forge, a 20+ Year Perspective"
- "games for all"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pigeon Forge
- Hotels in Pigeon Forge
- Transportation in Pigeon Forge
- Nightlife in Pigeon Forge
- Restaurants in Pigeon Forge
- Shopping in Pigeon Forge
- Warnings and Dangers in Pigeon Forge
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pigeon Forge
- 9 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Pigeon Forge?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pigeon Forge
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tennessee Intro, 14 reviews, 25 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Knoxville Intro, 20 reviews, 12 photos
- Alaska Intro, 12 reviews, 12 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sevierville Intro, 14 reviews, 9 photos, 2 travelogues
- Seymour Intro, 14 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lake Lanier Vista Intro, 9 reviews, 11 photos
- North Carolina Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos, 2 travelogues
- Anna Maria Island Intro, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
- Charlotte Intro, 9 reviews, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- Gatlinburg Intro, 10 reviews, 3 photos