"Big South Fork National Park" Oneida by Sassy417
Oneida Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 5 photos
The Big South Fork National Park and Recreation Area is one of the most beautiful national parks in the United States covering a total area of 119,000 acres, soon to be 125,000 acres. The park attracts almost 1,000,000 visitors yearly. Stretching far into Tennessee and Southern Kentucky.
Big South Fork River flows through the park for 90 miles of scenic gorges and valleys containing a wide range of natural and historic features.and offers plenty of opportunities for hunting, fishing, swimming, white water rafting, canoeing and kayaking.
The area is most easily reached by car. The National Park is located in northeast Tennessee and southeast Kentucky. Park Visitors Centers are located in Tennessee 15 miles west of Oneida off TN 297 and in Kentucky in Stearns on KY 92. Park Headquarters is located 9 miles west of Oneida on TN 297.
From Knoxville, TN take I-75 north to exit 141, then hwy. 63 west to Huntsville, then north on hwy. 27 to Oneida, then left on 297 toward Jamestown, about 15 miles west of Oneida.
4564 Leatherwood Road
Oneida, Tennessee 37841
Other activities include back-country hiking, golfing , horseback riding, mountain biking, with cabin rentals and restaurants on the campground site and a feed and tackle shop.There are many hiking trails leading to some of the most beautiful natural rock formations, waterfalls, and scenic overlooks as well.
- In a nutshell:Nature's beauty all around
Sassy417's Related Pages
Oneida Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Oneida
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Oneida?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Oneida
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tennessee Intro, 14 reviews, 25 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Knoxville Intro, 20 reviews, 12 photos
- Alaska Intro, 12 reviews, 12 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sevierville Intro, 14 reviews, 9 photos, 2 travelogues
- Seymour Intro, 14 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lake Lanier Vista Intro, 9 reviews, 11 photos
- North Carolina Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos, 2 travelogues
- Anna Maria Island Intro, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
- Charlotte Intro, 9 reviews, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- Gatlinburg Intro, 10 reviews, 3 photos