"Our hometown, Seymour, TN. *adds Southern appeal*" Boyds Creek by Sassy417
Boyds Creek Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 3 photos
The Seymour area is one of the fastest growing areas in Tennessee. Sevier County is projected to grow to approximately 100,000 people by the year 2020. Seymour, an unincorporated town in the north of Sevier County is shown as having a population of 8,850 by the 2000 census. However, this designated area does not incorporate much of the area identified as the Seymour community. A better estimate includes voting districts 6-1, Seymour Intermediate School, 9-1, Seymour Primary School and 10-2, DuPont Community Center with a total population of 13,452. Additional residents of Sevier County associated with Seymour are the other 2 voting districts in County Commission district 10 with a total of 3,694 as well as the easternmost 2 voting districts in Blount County, Oak View and Shooks Gap with a total of 6,502 and the southernmost 3 voting districts of Knox county, Bonny Kate, Gap Creek and Hopewell with a total of 11,449. Thus, the total population served by Seymour area businesses is 35,097. Another population area is the northernmost part of South Knoxville along the Seymour/South Knoxville corridor consisting of an additional 19,631 residents.
With a total of approximately 55,000 potential customers and rapid population growth, the Seymour area is a good place to live.
Sevier County has 24 schools, all of which are SACS accredited, serving 12,533 students in K-12 classes. There are 801 teachers and 60 school administrators. The immediate Seymour area has a primary, a middle, an intermediate and a high school.
All ratings of academic achievement in all Seymour schools are above the National mean percentile. All Seymour schools are in good standing, with superior attendance, very low dropout cohort, limited number of suspensions and almost no expulsions.
In reality, Seymour is known today as a local best kept secret in real estate*
- Pros:surroungded by mtns, friendly people, great neighborhoods, excellent school system, low crime-rate, safe, secure, no traffic tie-ups, laid-back environment, easy access to interstates, shopping malls, hospitals, etc.
- Cons:Charming yet not too much to do regarding entertainment, small town
- In a nutshell:Healthy living, clean area, low-key, nice place to reside
Sassy417's Related Pages
Boyds Creek Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Our hometown, Seymour, TN. *adds Southern appeal*"
- Create a Boyds Creek Travel Page
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Boyds Creek
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Boyds Creek?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Boyds Creek
Photos in Boyds CreekSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tennessee Intro, 14 reviews, 25 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Knoxville Intro, 20 reviews, 12 photos
- Alaska Intro, 12 reviews, 12 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sevierville Intro, 14 reviews, 9 photos, 2 travelogues
- Seymour Intro, 14 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lake Lanier Vista Intro, 9 reviews, 11 photos
- North Carolina Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos, 2 travelogues
- Anna Maria Island Intro, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
- Charlotte Intro, 9 reviews, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- Gatlinburg Intro, 10 reviews, 3 photos