"Wasilla, AK" Wasilla by Sassy417
Wasilla Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 16 photos
Located on the Alaska Railroad main line that runs between Anchorage and Fairbanks, Wasilla is about 45 miles north of Anchorage. It is situated between the Matanuska and Susitna valleys of Southcentral Alaska. Automobile access is via the Parks Highway, which, as does the railroad, connects Anchorage and Fairbanks. The population of Wasilla is about 5000 people.
Over the past several years, it has been one of America's fastest growing cities. It is the largest city in the Mat-Su Borough (Alaska?s fastest growing region). Wasilla is the center of commercial activity in the borough.
This amusing & colorful character...caught our eye while traveling through the town during the 4th of July holiday.
Apparently advertising for fireworks, we stopped and bought our fair share*and took this picture. (Notice the state sign in the background)
Sassy417's Related Pages
Wasilla Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Wasilla
- Transportation in Wasilla
- Nightlife in Wasilla
- Restaurants in Wasilla
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Wasilla
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Wasilla?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wasilla
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tennessee Intro, 14 reviews, 25 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Knoxville Intro, 20 reviews, 12 photos
- Alaska Intro, 12 reviews, 12 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sevierville Intro, 14 reviews, 9 photos, 2 travelogues
- Seymour Intro, 14 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lake Lanier Vista Intro, 9 reviews, 11 photos
- North Carolina Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos, 2 travelogues
- Anna Maria Island Intro, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
- Charlotte Intro, 9 reviews, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- Gatlinburg Intro, 10 reviews, 3 photos