"porto seguro" Top 5 Page for this destination Pôrto Seguro by quartinb
Pôrto Seguro Travel Guide: 75 reviews and 194 photos
taken from a PS site
Considered as the first establishments on Brazilian lands, Porto Seguro is one of the most popular spots on the beautiful northeastern coast. Discovered in 1500 by the Portuguese navigator Pedro Alvares Cabral, this area 720 kilometres from Salvador, attracts foreigners with its innumerable, almost deserted beaches and exciting sights.
The city is divided into two sectors. The Lower City, on the shores of the river Buranhem, comprises a large number of restaurants, bars, posadas and travel agents. In this place, the Passarela do Alcool stands out- a small road by the coast where there is a lively and entertaining nightlife. Live music, folk groups, handicraft stores, local food and drinks together with the lambada and bay rhythms can be enjoyed here every night.
The important historic centre of Porto Seguro extends over the Upper City. In this sector there are many 16th century colonial constructions. One of the most significant is the Marco da Posse da Terra, a small stone column that symbolises the Portuguese arrival to the continent. The churches of Nossa Senhora da Penha, da Misericordia and Nosso Senhor dos Passos are some of the oldest churches in the country.
But without a doubt, over the past few years, it is the beaches which have transformed Porto Seguro into the second most important tourist destination in Bahia. There are kilometres of white sandy beaches that extend towards the north of the city, surrounded by amazing barriers of coralreefs. The beaches of Curuipe, Itacimirim, Mundai, Taperapua, Rio dos Mangues, Ponta Grande and Mutai are ideal places for enjoying almost deserted stretches with forests of palm trees that reach out to the sea.
\\\ /// \\\ /// \\\ /// \\\ /// \\\ /// \\\ /// \\\ /// \\\ /// \\\ /// \\\ /// \\\ ///
- Pros:warm people and the most beautifull places in the world
- Cons:don´t remember
- In a nutshell:no stress
. thou' very professional and of course very kind, if yu run across with a brasilian guide, beware... ..because they... more travel advice
and yes a small shopping mall is available in PORTO SEGURO, but with, the passarella to alcool, a couple hundreds meters... more travel advice
- See All fortune tellers
- See All toa toa
- See All japanese restaurant
- See All passarela by night
quartinb's Related Pages
Pôrto Seguro Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "porto seguro"
- "Sorria você tá na BAhia!!!"
- "Porto Seguro"
- "porto seguro my htown"
- "Nice town (and big fiestas !) - Ville de fete..."
- "porto seguro - most amazing place in brasil"
- "Porto Seguro"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pôrto Seguro
- Hotels in Pôrto Seguro
- Transportation in Pôrto Seguro
- Nightlife in Pôrto Seguro
- Restaurants in Pôrto Seguro
- Shopping in Pôrto Seguro
- Warnings and Dangers in Pôrto Seguro
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pôrto Seguro
- 30 Reviews
- 73 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 39 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (36)
Have you been to Pôrto Seguro?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pôrto Seguro
Photos in Pôrto SeguroSee All Photos (73)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portugal Intro, 58 reviews, 72 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pôrto Seguro Intro, 30 reviews, 73 photos, 5 travelogues
- Madeira Island Intro, 30 reviews, 55 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Monsaraz Intro, 14 reviews, 56 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belém Intro, 14 reviews, 47 photos, 3 travelogues
- Dominican Republic Intro, 17 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 18 reviews, 39 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Benidorm Intro, 18 reviews, 39 photos, 3 travelogues
- Sines Intro, 11 reviews, 46 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sintra Intro, 14 reviews, 42 photos, 4 travelogues