"Bialowieza ~ Bialowieski National Park" Top 5 Page for this destination Bialowieza by gosiaPL
Bialowieza Travel Guide: 68 reviews and 134 photos
The Bialowieski National Park is the oldest one in Poland but the main reason to visit it is that it has some remains of the last primeval forest that a human hand never interfered with. No tree was ever cut or planted in the Special Protection zone, it is 100% pure natural, one of the seven such places in the world.
The second reason is that it was in Bialowieza that the lowland European bison was restituted into the forests from near extinction. You can see the bison in the Demonstration Reserve, and if you're lucky, you may spot the bison living freely in the Bialowieza forests.
The Bialowieza forests (Puszcza Bialowieska) have the status of the World Biosphere Reserve. They are in eastern Poland and actually extend into Belarus.
Two main places to bear in mind when in the region are the Bialowieza village and the county town of Hajnowka. To get a better idea of what is available in the area, please visit also my Hajnowka page.
This map comes from the National Park's website. If you want more information, you'll find it there. I've borrowed a few close-up pictures from their website, but I give them the credit due with their pictures. Other photos were taken by myself or my friends who visited Bialowieza with me.
Hope you enjoy the little tour :-)
- Pros:The primeval forests, the bison, the beautiful nature
- In a nutshell:Exceptional experience!
Zubr is one of the two local beers coming from the Dojlidy brewery in Bialystok. You may find it is a bit on the... more travel advice
You can see some impressive nature's action all over the park. You'll see huge trees uprooted and lying on the ground.... more travel advice
gosiaPL's Related Pages
Bialowieza Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bialowieza ~ Bialowieski National Park"
- "Around the primeval forest"
- "BIALOWIEZA - the wilderness in Poland"
- "Bialowieza - oak trees, European bisons and UNESCO"
- "BIALOWIEZA NATIONAL PARK"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bialowieza
- Hotels in Bialowieza
- Restaurants in Bialowieza
- Shopping in Bialowieza
- Warnings and Dangers in Bialowieza
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bialowieza
- 31 Reviews
- 33 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 18 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Bialowieza?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bialowieza
Photos in BialowiezaSee All Photos (33)
Top 10 Pages
- Gdansk Intro, 42 reviews, 133 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krakow Intro, 71 reviews, 82 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bratislava Intro, 47 reviews, 96 photos, 4 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 52 reviews, 75 photos, 3 travelogues
- Moscow Intro, 62 reviews, 62 photos
- Sandomierz Intro, 29 reviews, 79 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bucharest Intro, 33 reviews, 68 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kazimierz Dolny Intro, 48 reviews, 47 photos
- Salem Intro, 41 reviews, 46 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rimini Intro, 36 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue