"Krakow ~ Everybody's Favourite!" Top 5 Page for this destination Krakow by gosiaPL

Krakow Travel Guide: 4,468 reviews and 10,527 photos

MY HEART IS THERE...

If you were to visit only one destination in my country, that one place should be Krakow!

One phrase that summarises it all:
~ MAGIC IN THE AIR ~

I remember my first private trip to Krakow, and by "private" I mean other than a schoolkids' excursion. It was around 6:00 am on a summer's day when me and my friend strolled into the Old Town Market Square. I can still recall the view of the square that was slowly preparing for a new day... People short-cutting their way through the square, cafes staff rearranging tables outside, street vendors setting up flowers on their little stands by the Mickiewicz monument... the smells... the sounds... the thrill...

The thrill that I relive every time I go to Krakow... The awareness of the Royal City's grandeur throughout Poland's history. The beauty of its old architecture. The ambience of great culture, art and literature. The charm of its numerous cafes, bars and pubs, always full of locals and tourists...

Yep, that's my Krakow! I couldn't live without it, I must pop into the city at least three times a year. My friends joke that perhaps I should move there...
Well, maybe one day... who knows? :-)))

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

More tips will be added in time
so please revisit some day! :-)

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I took this photo in winter 2003, and only after I looked at it enlarged did I notice that it is in the "Wyspianski style" ;-)

Check it against the painting above - he loved to paint trees with no foliage against Krakow's magnificent architecture...

• Pros:Now, where do I start... how much time do we have?
  • Cons:Sorry, what was the question...? ;-)
  • In a nutshell:Been there dozens of times, never had enough of it!
  • Last visit to Krakow: Nov 2004
  • Intro Updated Jan 24, 2005

• Maurizioago's Profile Photo
    Apr 7, 2010 at 12:55 AM

Good page. I hope to make it to Krakow for the VT meeting next month. Ciao!

• Dec 9, 2008 at 5:40 PM

I loved this place.. I bought a pair of beautiful silver earrings and lost one and Im desperately trying to buy a replacement pair. Does anybody know the name of some of the jewelers in there.. or if they have websites? Would love any tips!

• Jan 12, 2008 at 9:46 AM

NON SMOKERS BEWARE!!! the lobby has a large no smoking sign, indicating that the restaurant is 100% smoke free. we arrived early in the evening and were the first to be seated. soon others arrived and started smoking. Management was not responsive.

• Toshioohsako's Profile Photo
    Jan 8, 2008 at 8:11 AM

I did not capture the castle from this angle. It must be a summer day. Greetings.

• y2ketan2007's Profile Photo
    Dec 21, 2007 at 6:41 AM

Like your art posted here.You are also welcome to see my work on my home page.Thanks.

• jo104's Profile Photo
    Aug 9, 2007 at 5:54 AM

Thanks for all your brilliant tips I've booked for a long wknd here in October & have booked at the Hotel Pollera after reading yours & other reviews :-)

• Elena_blue's Profile Photo
    Jan 9, 2007 at 5:52 AM

Gosia thanks for your Krakow page, it is excellent. Your Krakow is the one I will be looking for on my first visit there during Eastern vacation. Many thanks and happy new year!

• RickinDutch's Profile Photo
    Nov 23, 2005 at 4:58 PM

Brilliant tips and photos! Thanks for sharing.

• Nov 13, 2005 at 1:53 PM

If you visit one church in Krakow, this should be it. The entire interior is decorated in the Art Nouveau style. I would highly reccomend it. It's not a very crowded spot either; wonderful for quiet reflection.

• jimmyjet's Profile Photo
    Jul 8, 2005 at 10:54 AM

What a excellent page, great job , your picture`s and words !! i visited poznan and loved it , now a know i must go back :-)

gosiaPL

“Take the road less travelled...”

Badges & Stats in Krakow