"Krakow ~ Everybody's Favourite!" Top 5 Page for this destination Krakow by gosiaPL
Krakow Travel Guide: 4,477 reviews and 10,525 photos
If you were to visit only one destination in my country, that one place should be Krakow!
~ MAGIC IN THE AIR ~
I remember my first private trip to Krakow, and by "private" I mean other than a schoolkids' excursion. It was around 6:00 am on a summer's day when me and my friend strolled into the Old Town Market Square. I can still recall the view of the square that was slowly preparing for a new day... People short-cutting their way through the square, cafes staff rearranging tables outside, street vendors setting up flowers on their little stands by the Mickiewicz monument... the smells... the sounds... the thrill...
The thrill that I relive every time I go to Krakow... The awareness of the Royal City's grandeur throughout Poland's history. The beauty of its old architecture. The ambience of great culture, art and literature. The charm of its numerous cafes, bars and pubs, always full of locals and tourists...
Yep, that's my Krakow! I couldn't live without it, I must pop into the city at least three times a year. My friends joke that perhaps I should move there...
Well, maybe one day... who knows? :-)))
More tips will be added in time
so please revisit some day! :-)
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
I took this photo in winter 2003, and only after I looked at it enlarged did I notice that it is in the "Wyspianski style" ;-)
Check it against the painting above - he loved to paint trees with no foliage against Krakow's magnificent architecture...
- Pros:Now, where do I start... how much time do we have?
- Cons:Sorry, what was the question...? ;-)
- In a nutshell:Been there dozens of times, never had enough of it!
Who knows what may happen to your shoes when you spend hours walking in the streets of the Old Town? I had to discard my... more travel advice
I stay at this guesthouse WHENEVER there are rooms available (priority is given to guests invited by the Jagiellonian... more travel advice
- See All St. Andrew's Church (Sw. Andrzej)
- See All Sit down if you're tired
- See All Fly direct to Kraków
gosiaPL's Related Pages
Krakow Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Heart of Europe and Poland"
- "Krakow - Ancient Capital of Poland"
- "Krakow: Rome in Poland."
- "Krakow ~ Everybody's Favourite!"
- "How could you not love Krakow?"
- "EUROMEET IN KRAKOW POLAND"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Krakow
- Hotels in Krakow
- Transportation in Krakow
- Nightlife in Krakow
- Restaurants in Krakow
- Shopping in Krakow
- Warnings and Dangers in Krakow
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Krakow
- 71 Reviews
- 82 Photos
- 7 Forum posts
- 58 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Krakow?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Krakow
Photos in KrakowSee All Photos (82)
Top 10 Pages
- Gdansk Intro, 42 reviews, 133 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krakow Intro, 71 reviews, 82 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bratislava Intro, 47 reviews, 96 photos, 4 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 52 reviews, 75 photos, 3 travelogues
- Moscow Intro, 62 reviews, 62 photos
- Sandomierz Intro, 29 reviews, 79 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bucharest Intro, 33 reviews, 68 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kazimierz Dolny Intro, 48 reviews, 47 photos
- Salem Intro, 41 reviews, 46 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rimini Intro, 36 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue