"SOPOT ~ chill out and fun" Sopot by gosiaPL
Sopot Travel Guide: 143 reviews and 387 photos
Sopot on the Baltic coast is one of the most desired holiday destinations for many Poles. It's a town with a population of about 40,000. Together with Gdansk and Gdynia, it constitutes the Tricity agglomeration. It's famous for its wooden pier, one of the longest in Europe, sandy beaches, water sports, cafes and restaurants, as well as all sorts of clubs for those who are looking for nightlife entertainment.
I never stayed in Sopot but I often visted it on a day's trip from the other places within the Tricity, it's just perfect for this kind of trip and easy to get to. Its relaxed and laid back atmosphere makes it a wonderful retreat after chasing all the antiquities in Gdansk. After all you're on vacation, so why not wet your feet or bathe in the sea, stroll along the pier, sit down on a bench to have a waffle with blueberries and whipped cream - this has always been a must for me in Sopot ever since I first visited as a child.
Sopot is well-known for other reasons as well, but you can read about it in my tips :-)
- Pros:Relaxed, sandy beaches, lots of fun places
- Cons:Far too crowded with tourists and holiday makers
- In a nutshell:A bustling seaside resort
The Monciak pedestrian street is the easiest place to find a restaurant or cafe to your liking, the street is literally... more travel advice
The AquaPark has many attractions but the greatest one is the wild river that immitates a speedy mountain river with... more travel advice
gosiaPL's Related Pages
Sopot Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Baltic bliss in Sopot"
- "Sopot- a pearl of the Baltic Sea"
- "Sopot through my eyes"
- "Sopot by the Sea"
- "Sopot - the most popular seaside resort in Poland"
- "SOPOT ~ chill out and fun"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sopot
- Hotels in Sopot
- Transportation in Sopot
- Nightlife in Sopot
- Restaurants in Sopot
- Shopping in Sopot
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Sopot
- 21 Reviews
- 46 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Sopot?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sopot
Photos in SopotSee All Photos (46)
Top 10 Pages
- Gdansk Intro, 42 reviews, 133 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krakow Intro, 71 reviews, 82 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bratislava Intro, 47 reviews, 96 photos, 4 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 52 reviews, 75 photos, 3 travelogues
- Moscow Intro, 62 reviews, 62 photos
- Sandomierz Intro, 29 reviews, 79 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bucharest Intro, 33 reviews, 68 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kazimierz Dolny Intro, 48 reviews, 47 photos
- Salem Intro, 41 reviews, 46 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rimini Intro, 36 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
Latest Sopot hotel reviews