"Tarnow ~ beautiful & historical" Top 5 Page for this destination Tarnow by gosiaPL

Tarnow Travel Guide: 57 reviews and 131 photos

I'M GONNA REVISIT ONE DAY!

Tarnow is a beautiful town 50 miles east of Krakow, with its history going back to the early 12th century. It was the seat of the Tarnowski family, one of the most prominent clans in Poland's history, whose Jan was the Crown's Great Hetman (army chief) in the 16th century.

My stop in Tarnow was not planned for but, gosh, was I glad it happened! I had always wanted to see the town, having heard it had one of the nicest market squares in the country. I saw as much as I could on one afternoon before it got dark but I know there is so much more to explore on any next visit... If you're interested in centuries' old architecture, this little town is just for you - easy to scoot off to from Krakow and return on the same day. You'll get a chance to see a really pleasant off-the-beaten-path "face" of Poland that most tourists miss.

• Pros:Beautiful architecture, friendly people
  • Cons:One afternoon is not enough
  • In a nutshell:Lovely, historical, relaxed...
  • Last visit to Tarnow: Oct 2003
  • Intro Updated Aug 23, 2006

• Gillybob's Profile Photo
    Jul 13, 2010 at 1:17 PM

Lovely page. I really enjoyed our very short stop in Tarnow! Gillybob greetings

• betako3's Profile Photo
    Dec 19, 2007 at 2:15 PM

Pozdrowienia z Tarnowa :) Œwietna strona. Pewnie nie powinnam tego pisaæ jako rodowita Tarnowianka ale dowiedzia³am siê kilku ciekawych rzeczy :)

• Mikebond's Profile Photo
    Aug 24, 2006 at 7:19 AM

Dobra strona, Gosia!

gosiaPL

“Take the road less travelled...”

Badges & Stats in Tarnow