Peñíscola Favorite Tips by gosiaPL Top 5 Page for this destination
Peñíscola Favorites: 14 reviews and 14 photos
Peñiscola fortress wall
Favorite thing: I like visiting places that reveal their magnificence gradually.
Peñiscola is a good example because you get to see more and more as you approach the castle entrance. This builds some sort of suspence and anticipation of even greater structures as you go up the hill... Fortified walls can be seen well below the castle!
Fondest memory: The grandeur of the castle and the beauty of the little streets.
Panorama from the castle
Favorite thing: From the castle you get stunning views of the town, its red roofs, boat harbour, and beaches as well as the remote surroundings of Peñiscola.
When you're at the top deck hold on tight: you may get a vertigo!
Oh, and it can be rather chilly and windy up there!
My friend in the picture was convincing me that we should check out more castles in Poland. I guess she was right!
Mediaeval sentry point
Favorite thing: Cute sentry point, isn't it? :-)
Fondest memory: It takes you back in time on an involving journey.
Peñiscola castle, view from the beach
Favorite thing: Go out to the beach and look back to see the whole compound on the hill. I guess you'd get an even better view from the sea but I didn't (I was there only for an afternoon's trip).
If you have more time you can spend some time on the beach swimming below the castle.
Oh, by the way, this is the beach that El Cid (starred by Charlton Heston) died on in the movie.
More Reviews (11)
gosiaPL's Related Pages
Peñíscola Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Umfufu in Peñiscola"
- "Peñiscola the Magnificent"
- "Beach and little castle (but with long history)"
- "Peñíscola: the town of Pope Luna"
- "the third pope city ,after roma and avignon!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Peñíscola
- Hotels in Peñíscola
- Transportation in Peñíscola
- Restaurants in Peñíscola
- Warnings and Dangers in Peñíscola
- See All...
Explore the World
- Tank Island Hotels
- Kodaikanal Hotels
- New Orleans Hotels
- Malgrat de Mar
- Ghana Hotels
- Washington State Hotels
- Labangon Hotels
- Lough Key Forest Park Hotels
- Srinagar Hotels
- Chaguanas Hotels
- Long Valley Junction Hotels
- Mumbai Hotels
- Cebu City
- Palma de Mallorca
- La Spezia
- Jelutong Hotels
- Positano Hotels
- Laoag City
Badges & Stats in Peñíscola
- 15 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 38 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Peñíscola?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Peñíscola
Photos in PeñíscolaSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- Gdansk Intro, 42 reviews, 133 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krakow Intro, 71 reviews, 82 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bratislava Intro, 47 reviews, 96 photos, 4 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 52 reviews, 75 photos, 3 travelogues
- Moscow Intro, 62 reviews, 62 photos
- Sandomierz Intro, 29 reviews, 79 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bucharest Intro, 33 reviews, 68 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kazimierz Dolny Intro, 48 reviews, 47 photos
- Salem Intro, 41 reviews, 46 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rimini Intro, 36 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue