"Kami Furano" Kami-furano by akikonomu
Kami-furano Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 67 photos
Situated between Furano and Biei, I find it an excellent place to lodge and explore the area.
Personally, I lodged at the Bibaushi Liberty Youth Hostel, a five-minute walk from BIbaushi JR station.
Bibaushi JR station is a very special station. There are no gantries and station masters there - you simply pay the fare to the train driver upon alighting.
At noon, the station plays a tinkling tune.
As Bibaushi is somewhat "off the beaten path" from Furano and Biei, the streets around the vicinity are quiet and serene.
The residents make effort to beautify their gardens and front of their houses, so the overall area gives an impression of a serene, peaceful place.
This is the nearest farm from Bibaushi JR station. Although smaller than Farm Tomita, what's worth visiting here is the woodman's shack at the top of the hillock. You can see the artisan making wooden toys and displays for the home.
In addition, at the top of the hillock, there is a good view of the colourful farm houses scattered across the fields.
This is one of the shops selling miscellaneous decorations and equipment for the gardens, situated around Bibaushi. more travel advice
The primary school is a popular site for avid photographers as the sunset view behind it is astounding. On good days,... more travel advice
akikonomu's Related Pages
Kami-furano Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "History of Kami-furano"
- "Kami Furano"
- "Furano - Land of the rolling plains"
- "Flower fields in Furano and Biei "
- "Lavender road"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kami-furano
- Hotels in Kami-furano
- Restaurants in Kami-furano
- Shopping in Kami-furano
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kami-furano
- 6 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (24)
Have you been to Kami-furano?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kami-furano
Top 10 Pages
- Seoul Intro, 21 reviews, 56 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sa Pa Intro, 13 reviews, 47 photos, 4 travelogues
- Tokyo Intro, 8 reviews, 41 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ruines d' Angkor Intro, 13 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Singapore Intro, 15 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rangoon Intro, 7 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kunming Intro, 12 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kanazawa Intro, 11 reviews, 18 photos
- Hakodate Intro, 8 reviews, 21 photos
- Kyoto Intro, 9 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue