"Stay the night" Stratford by akikonomu
Stratford Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 50 photos
Most people pop by Stratford as a day trip and leave before night falls. We stayed two nights here and once the crowd cleared out after the museums close, it is a wonderful, quiet place that appears to belong to no one.
There are sufficient sights to occupy you for one day but take a walk around the residential area and get lost. We came across a enclosure with horses and met up with friendly locals that led us out of the quiet precinct.
We visited the Shakespearean sights like his birth house and Anne Hathaways house. Interesting albeit touristy - we didn't enter every sight since we were quite happy to trundle around the streets and get an external view.
Really, the best part of travelling is to visit the residential areas where quirky sights may greet you. For me, it is also one of the best ways to relax - travelling should be an enjoyable experience, not one of rushing around visiting all the "Must-see" sights.
- Pros:Residential areas may be more interesting
akikonomu's Related Pages
Stratford Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Home of 2012 Olympics Games!"
- "Stratford The Land of Shakespeare"
- "Stay the night"
- "Stratford Upon Avon"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Stratford
- Transportation in Stratford
- Restaurants in Stratford
- Shopping in Stratford
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Stratford
- 1 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (24)
Have you been to Stratford?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Stratford
Photos in StratfordSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Seoul Intro, 21 reviews, 56 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sa Pa Intro, 13 reviews, 47 photos, 4 travelogues
- Tokyo Intro, 8 reviews, 41 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ruines d' Angkor Intro, 13 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Singapore Intro, 15 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rangoon Intro, 7 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kunming Intro, 12 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kanazawa Intro, 11 reviews, 18 photos
- Hakodate Intro, 8 reviews, 21 photos
- Kyoto Intro, 9 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue