"Fairytale Land" Córdoba by akikonomu
Córdoba Travel Guide: 897 reviews and 2,083 photos
Of the towns and cities I visited in Andalucia on this journey, Cordoba gives me the deepest impression of being fairytale like. Small, compact, cobbled streets, patios hanging with dainty flower pots, the Christmas-candy-like interior of the Mezquita, gardens of Alcazar filled with medieval statues and roses - that about sums up the beauty of Cordoba.
Oh, and not forgetting the inn where Cervantes was a regular - you could almost imagine Don Quixote's world.
Guidebook tells of Cordoba being foodie's haven. How true that is - tapas bars hidden in the winding back streets have that laid back, groovy feel; fine dining at Casa Pepe de la Judeira; delightful ambience of alfresco dining at the orange lined streets near "Cervantes' inn".
The area around the Mezquita is the point of concentration for tourists of Cordoba.
Across the river lies the "real" Cordoba where tourists are few, state of dining places more toned down (and almost run down in some), and where real residents go about their daily activities in their not so well maintained residential area. Along the river is also a resting ground for a wide variety of birds and a bird watching spot.
Or take a stroll around the park near the bus station in the mornings. Or the narrow, winding, undulating streets around the Mansion of Viana. The real Cordoba awaits you.
Whilst some of us won't bat an eyelid seeing mills, knowing a little on the history of Moorish mills might spur some... more travel advice
The Viana's were the last aristocrats of Cordoba and the mansion was sold to the local authorities only in the 1980s.... more travel advice
akikonomu's Related Pages
Córdoba Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cordoba-The center of Al-Andalus"
- "CORDOBA,in the heart of Andalucia"
- "CORDOBA: CITY OF THREE CULTURES"
- "Magical Córdoba"
- "The Mezquita, Tortilla de Espanola, and Heat!"
- "Cordoba--A RIch Blend of Culture"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Córdoba
- Hotels in Córdoba
- Transportation in Córdoba
- Nightlife in Córdoba
- Restaurants in Córdoba
- Shopping in Córdoba
- Warnings and Dangers in Córdoba
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Córdoba
- 6 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (24)
Have you been to Córdoba?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Córdoba
Top 10 Pages
- Seoul Intro, 21 reviews, 56 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sa Pa Intro, 13 reviews, 47 photos, 4 travelogues
- Tokyo Intro, 8 reviews, 41 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ruines d' Angkor Intro, 13 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Singapore Intro, 15 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rangoon Intro, 7 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kunming Intro, 12 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kanazawa Intro, 11 reviews, 18 photos
- Hakodate Intro, 8 reviews, 21 photos
- Kyoto Intro, 9 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue