"The Yellow Dragon" Huanglong by akikonomu
Huanglong Travel Guide: 51 reviews and 125 photos
Huanglong is a kind of nature reserve/park located way up in the mountains.
There are inherent dangers in travelling up the winding, narrow road with hardly any barricades at the edge.
Visiting Huanglong in autumn requires a little luck. If it snows, then your travel guide will scrap it off the itinerary. Don't blame them, because the melting snow on the roads up the mountain is a major hazard.
Depending on the weather, you can rent winter clothings at the entrance of the reserve.
The hike up and down will take approximately 3 hours or so, depending how well you can cope with the altitude.
My first lesson in altitude sickness - it strikes anyone. Although myself, my brother and cousin (who are relatively unfit) were not affected, my 10-year old cousin (who is way fitter than the three of us combined) couldn't move an inch after a while.
So... we did not reach the peak.
Lots of trees, waterfalls and "coloured ponds". The ponds get their colours from the mineral deposits and decomposing plant parts.
The falls is at the peak and runs down the mountain. Perhaps it is the yellow colour of the water that gives the reserve the name or maybe the spiralling path up the reserve (I didn't and haven't found out more)
Autumn is supposedly the best season to visit the Huanglong, Jiuzhaigou and neighbouring Nature Parks because of the... more travel advice
akikonomu's Related Pages
Huanglong Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Huanglong - A Place With Breathtaking Scenery"
- "Dragón Amarillo / Yellow dragon"
- "Freecloud's Huang Long National Park"
- "Color tour"
- "The Yellow Dragon"
- "HUANG LONG , another fairy land in Sichuan Sheng"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Huanglong
- Hotels in Huanglong
- Transportation in Huanglong
- Restaurants in Huanglong
- Warnings and Dangers in Huanglong
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Huanglong
- 3 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Huanglong?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Huanglong
Top 10 Pages
- Seoul Intro, 21 reviews, 56 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sa Pa Intro, 13 reviews, 47 photos, 4 travelogues
- Tokyo Intro, 8 reviews, 41 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ruines d' Angkor Intro, 13 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Singapore Intro, 15 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rangoon Intro, 7 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kunming Intro, 12 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kanazawa Intro, 11 reviews, 18 photos
- Hakodate Intro, 8 reviews, 21 photos
- Kyoto Intro, 9 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue