"Venice" Venice by akikonomu
Venice Travel Guide: 8,203 reviews and 21,709 photos
Cut off from the mainland, Venice's many lagoons mean that its residents and visitors will have ample opportunities to experience water travel.
Riding on the gondolas while being serenaded by musicians as you wind your way through Venice's watery "backstreets" and under the Rialto is a "must-have" experience.
Yet, Venice is constantly under threat of floods and sinking. We can only cross our fingers and hope that conservation efforts to save Venice from disappearing will turn out successful.
Fans of Antonio Vivaldi, the Baroque composer famed for "The 4 Seasons" may wish to pop by the church where he was... more travel advice
The Rialto featured in Shakespeare's play has made it thus famous. Everyone crowds around the Rialto, tourists, vendors... more travel advice
akikonomu's Related Pages
Venice Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wandering around Venice with Suvanki"
- "Amore eterno per Venezia la Serenissima :-)"
- "Venice – the City of Art"
- "Vacations in Venice"
- "MERAVIGLIOSA VENEZIA"
- "Giacomo CASANOVA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Venice
- Hotels in Venice
- Transportation in Venice
- Nightlife in Venice
- Restaurants in Venice
- Shopping in Venice
- Warnings and Dangers in Venice
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Venice
- 4 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Venice?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Venice
Top 10 Pages
- Seoul Intro, 21 reviews, 56 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sa Pa Intro, 13 reviews, 47 photos, 4 travelogues
- Tokyo Intro, 8 reviews, 41 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ruines d' Angkor Intro, 13 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Singapore Intro, 15 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rangoon Intro, 7 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kunming Intro, 12 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kanazawa Intro, 11 reviews, 18 photos
- Hakodate Intro, 8 reviews, 21 photos
- Kyoto Intro, 9 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue