"Platform to Cat Ba and Halong Bay" Haiphong by akikonomu
Haiphong Travel Guide: 32 reviews and 106 photos
Haiphong (pronounced exactly like "sea wind" in Chinese) is a small town about 2.5 hours bus ride from Hanoi.
Most people wouldn't hang around town long enough for the next boat to Halong Bay or Cat Ba island.
Despite any thorough planning, you may find yourself stuck in Haiphong with no connections to Cat Ba island.
Left with no choice, we passed the lazy afternoon at Do Son, a beach situated on the tip of the peninsular (about 45 minutes away from Haiphong).
In the evening, we strolled around the plaza in front of Le Chan (a statue of some famous Vietnamese?) If you tell any cyclo or xe-om driver to stop at Le Chan, they would know.
There is a 24 hour flower market there and at night the fountains are lit with multicoloured lights. Many locals and tourists alike will hang around the fountains for respite from the heat or to stare at the fountains dancing.
First thing next morning, we were on our way to Cat Ba.
Fountains at the plaza in front of Le Chan are gathering points for locals and tourists alike. The fountains create... more travel advice
akikonomu's Related Pages
Haiphong Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "HaLong Bay, the mountains of the sea"
- "Halong Bay...WOW"
- "Ha Long Bay"
- "HaLong Bay"
- "Platform to Cat Ba and Halong Bay"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Haiphong
- 3 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Haiphong?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Haiphong
Photos in HaiphongSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Seoul Intro, 21 reviews, 56 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sa Pa Intro, 13 reviews, 47 photos, 4 travelogues
- Tokyo Intro, 8 reviews, 41 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ruines d' Angkor Intro, 13 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Singapore Intro, 15 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rangoon Intro, 7 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kunming Intro, 12 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kanazawa Intro, 11 reviews, 18 photos
- Hakodate Intro, 8 reviews, 21 photos
- Kyoto Intro, 9 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue