"Travelling's Fun!" akikonomu's Profile
Some VTers have been wondering if I'm Japanese or distantly linked to anything Japanese because of my username.
Akikonomu roughly means "the love for autumn" and was plucked from the novel "Tale of Genji". My only link to this name is that I am born in autumn and my Chinese name has an "autumn" character in it.
Although I love travelling to Japan, I can hardly speak enough Japanese to save my life. Am currently undergoing basic study and hopefully, the next time I go to Japan, I can make some new friends with my new language skills : )
Meanwhile, I remain in love with autumn.
When travelling, I usually pick places with good photo opportunites. This usually translates to good weather, attractive colours and not too many tourists.
Nature reserves are good, especially if they require some kind of physical exertion. Exercise is greatly lacking in my daily life otherwise.
Also, I'd like to thank all the VTers or otherwise who are visiting my pages and posting comments. They are encouraging me to produce better pages to share with everyone. THANKS!!!
I've decided to shift the diary to the photo album pages instead...
2006 was a pretty good travel year for me. Yet, the sad truth about my lack of exercise and coming of age begins to catch up with me. Backpacking begins to strain my back and I sleep more and sightsee less everyday during my last solo trip to South Korea.
2007 - visited some of my favourite countries like China and Japan. Flew 16 hours to Madrid, plus 9 hour bus ride from Madrid to Lisbon and God knows how many more hours of bus and train rides as we return to Andalucia from Portugal. Gosh, I thought my bag of bones were going to fall apart.
Fantastic weather - plenty of blue skies and perfect temperatures between 7deg to 29deg. Andalucia, especially Granada and Las Alpujarras, is beautiful beyond words, making the long flight, travel times and Spanish meal hours bearable.
Waiting to set up the scanner so that I can upload the pictures (shifting into a new house, so that may take a few months...). Trying to work on the pages whilst the beauty of the place is still deeply etched in my mind.
Finally got the scanner up and filling up the Europe 2007 travel pages. This picture's of me taken by my friend seeking sun protection from the searing UV rays of the Sierra Nevada, Spain. Being sunburnt is going to be a thing of the past - I can live with the ridicule of looking like this.
Another year flew by since my last rambling. The widening gap between each rambling is like a subtle indication of the lifestyle of an ageing traveller. Well, not that I'm like really old, just that I get more laid back and travelling no longer centres around visiting all the sights in minimal time.
Seoul this June was refreshing for me. We slept in late, had leisurely meals and lived like locals. Each time I revisit a same city, the differences tell me how the world and I are changing. Third time in Seoul, I find that everything is glistening and new and people look more refined and prosperous. Not that it's anything bad but I wonder how modern development is spiralling, within or out of control. It's like the progress chart with the upward moving graph or arrow and you wonder what's going to be at the end of it all...
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 467 Reviews
- 1,063 Photos
- 23 Countries
- 100 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
- Posted in Travel Hakodate Forum "Re: Run from Hakodate to Lake Onuma"
updated their Personal Page "Travel Diary"
- Commented on akikonomu's profile page
- akikonomu and don_kam are now friends.
- Wrote a Review Under the Sea about Casa Batlló in Barcelona Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Under the Sea"
- created a Barcelona Travel Page "A thousand things to see"
Top 10 Pages
- Seoul Intro, 21 reviews, 56 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sa Pa Intro, 13 reviews, 47 photos, 4 travelogues
- Tokyo Intro, 8 reviews, 41 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ruines d' Angkor Intro, 13 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Singapore Intro, 15 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rangoon Intro, 7 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kunming Intro, 12 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kanazawa Intro, 11 reviews, 18 photos
- Hakodate Intro, 8 reviews, 21 photos
- Kyoto Intro, 9 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (1)
- Paris Hotels
- 22465 Reviews - 54992 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2702 Reviews - 7926 Photos
- Subic Hotels
- 246 Reviews - 861 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23318 Reviews - 48909 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7829 Reviews - 20234 Photos