"Fish on!" Westport by Jutsuka

Westport Travel Guide: 22 reviews and 80 photos

Aboard the Hula Girl

About a year ago, My brothers sent me a picture of a 46 lb. King Salmon caught off the shores of Wesport, WA. This has been an annual trip of theirs for 4 years and they have been trying to get me to join them ever since. The pictures I am uploading cannot explain what a flawless, great time I(we) had.

This was the last trip of the season for Salmon fishing.

It's A King!

As one of the old salts on the boat told me after the trip, "Fishing is 90% preparation, 100% luck." Everyone on the charter boat that day would agree without hesitation. As luck would have it, I would pull in the largest fish on the boat, 32 lbs, 8 ozs dressed. I was told by the crew that it was a contender for the weekly pool worth $1,000.00, providing we brought the fish in before the 5pm curfew, and, none of the other charter boats that went out that day brought in anything larger.

End of the Season Run

This was the last trip of the season for Salmon fishing out of Westport.

• Pros:Marina town, great departure point for the Pacific
  • In a nutshell:Westport's distance from civilization makes it an ideal getaway.
  • Last visit to Westport: Sep 2003
  • Intro Updated Sep 24, 2003

• Apr 16, 2005 at 5:05 AM

BEWARE OF OWNER OF WESTPORTS FUN CENTER-HE IS A LYING STEALING RIP OFF CON ARTIST!

• Dec 7, 2004 at 11:43 PM

If the seas are that bad they won't even let the carter boats out. The bar would be closed. The roughest that one of are boats go out is 12 feet swells. You must have been on a Private boat. Thank you for your time.

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Sep 27, 2003 at 11:11 AM

Great start on VT! My congratulation! Great fishing trip!

Ranked Member

Badges & Stats in Westport

Have you been to Westport?

Latest Activity in Westport